• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Utah CFP class Morgantown, WV, August 10, 2008

JimMullinsWVCDL

State Researcher
imported post

WVCDL member and Utah concealed firearm permit instructor John Vith will hold a Utah CFP class in Morgantown at 11 AM, Sunday, August 10, 2008, at the Mason-Dixon Rifle Club in Morgantown (click here for directions).

The Utah concealed firearm permit is a widely-sought permit for reciprocity purposes when traveling in other states. The permit is valid for 5 years and costs $65.25 for an initial applicant and only $10 to renew. A West Virginia resident who has only a West Virginia concealed handgun license can carry in the following additional states with the Utah permit that do not recognize West Virginia licenses: Alabama, Delaware, Georgia, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Texas, Washington, and Wyoming.A Pennsylvania resident who has a Pennsylvania license to carry firearms may use the Utah permit to legally carry in Ohio (which has reciprocity with UT & WV but not PA).

Please note that this course does NOT fulfill the training requirement under West Virginia law for a West Virginia concealed handgun license. Also, under West Virginia law, reciprocal states’ licenses/permits are only valid in West Virginia if the licensee is a resident of the issuing state. However, you do not have to have a West Virginia license or have previously taken a class that fulfills the West Virginia requirement to take this course.

Mr. Vith ordinarily charges $75 for the class and $13.50 for fingerprinting. However, he will provide both to WVCDL members for $50. If you have not yet joined WVCDL, you may still submit your membership application and receive the WVCDL member discount. Because of the travel time and expenses involved, Mr. Vith has an advance payment policy with a full refund if he has to cancel the class.

If you wish to attend this class, please PM me immediately to let me know you plan to attend and so I can send you additional information.Please include the following information: your name, age (the minimum age for a Utah CFP is 21 but a 20-year-old can take the class and then apply after turning 21), city and state of residence (if you are a current WVCDL member, we already have that information), and any states other than WV in which you work or spend significant time (this will allow the instructor to provide state-specific gun law information).