• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Edgewood Wallmart.

Edgeofhtewoods

imported post

Had to go to Wall World the other day. As I walked in there is a printed sign on the doors saying no firearms allowed. Standard Word format. I just turned around and went to Smiths instead. I know it is the right of a private property owner do do what he wishes, but it is my right to take my trade elsewhere.

The manager said he did not feel comfortable with firearms in his store. Hmm what abou the section in his store that SELLS guns.

Chuck
I'll post a picture later on tomorrow

Edgeofhtewoods

imported post

desert-prospector wrote:
They don't sell alcohol in that WalMart or the Smiths?

That's the only legit reason I can see for not allowing you to carry in our lovely "land of entrapment"!

Bentonville (corporate office) says what ever state law allows......

Both sell alcohol. I open carry 99% of time, except when I need to go into a place that sells alcohol. For those times the G21 goes into my waist band holster and the paddle comes off. I pointed out that in New Mexico with a valid CCW it is perfectly legal to carry concealed in a store that sells alcohol for comsumption off premises.

He said he didn't care.

Chuck

snoball

imported post

The Manager is way out of line with WalMart policy. The Albuquerque stores also were posting after the law changed to permit CCW in stores that sold liquor and would not take down the signs. I talked to Jim Renfro of WalMart ATF compliance[/b] ( 479-204-8358) and reported the store and he sent a memo to ALL New Mexico WalMarts instructing them to permit CCW. Call him to report the Edgewood store today!

snoball

imported post

And of course there is the WalMart letter that has been referred to many times:

Subj: Response from Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (Ref #)
Date: 12/26/2001 4:33:41 PM Eastern Standard Time
To: USMCSNIPERONE@aol.com
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Thank you for your message.

Many States have recently enacted legislation allowing individuals to carry
concealed handguns after a thorough application and permitting process. One
aspect of the legislation (in some states) allows property owners to post
notices restricting the carrying of concealed handguns. Understandably,
we've been asked if we will post these notices.

After much consideration, the Executive Committee decided to continue with
our practice as it has been for many years - we will not post notices
restricting the carrying of concealed handguns by the general public.[/b] This
applies to Wal-Mart Stores, Wal-Mart Supercenters, and Sam's Clubs.
However, in some instances, states, counties, or cities may have a
law/ordinance that require the posting of such signs in a retail
establishment that sell alcohol. In these instances we will comply with the
law/ordnance and the sign will quote the law/ordnance as directed by the
state, county or city.

This decision is made in the best interest of our Associates/Partners and in
fairness to our Customers. Thank you for your continued support and hard
work.

Sincerely

Lola
Wal-Mart Customer Relations

EMtnMan

Something wrong here...

The original post indicates it was made in December, 2006. Wal-Mart in Edgewood was nothing more than a somewhat cleared lot at that time. It didn't open until a year later.

KB3CGS

The original post indicates it was made in December, 2006. Wal-Mart in Edgewood was nothing more than a somewhat cleared lot at that time. It didn't open until a year later.

something is wrong here. you are. this thread started 07-27-2008 08:31 PM, and the OP joined the board back in Dec 2006.

As the others have said. Call Wally World corperate. They will straighten out the local "manager". None of the Wally Worlds on this side of town are posted anymore.

steveaikens

Opt-Out Members
As the others have said. Call Wally World corperate. They will straighten out the local "manager". None of the Wally Worlds on this side of town are posted anymore.
Before you hop on the phone to raise cane with Wal-Mart, how about doing a search on this forum and find out what you are missing. Dredging up a post from years ago wastes everyone's time. The law has changed at the least - every other year in NM and in this case - this year. The changes in the law are repeatedly posted here as people ask questions regarding RECENT changes. A search here reveals FAR more than what's below.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...Wal-Mart-today&p=980433&viewfull=1#post980433

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?71461-New-Alcohol-Law-How-To-Find-Restaurants

You can find more information on NM concealed carry law at http://www.nm-ccw.com

You can also find a lot of information on state law - any state law - on http://www.handgunlaw.us

linc

Hmm.. interesting since one of the abq ne heights wally world stores was the scene of an epic win for ccw: retired leo who was carrying in the store shot and killed a man who was stabbing his estranged wife - a walmart employee working the deli - saving her life. The feel good part of the story was that Wal Mart changed policy to welcome lawful cc/oc.