• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lehi PD encounter

Status
Not open for further replies.

LovesHisXD45

imported post

sfemti33 wrote:

True. But isn't this missing the point???

LEO's are not robots. They don't all have exactly the same views, temperament, educational background, religious leanings, etc. They are individuals. As such, don't you owe it to them AT LEAST AS MUCH (if not more) as you would a stranger to lend them certain amount of default respect (as I said, until they abuse you)???

Engaging them with 2-faced games might work, depending on how good of a liar you are, but isn't it fairly unethical if that particular LEO has done nothing wrong against you and your engagement with him thus far is most likely based on a misunderstanding???
Very refreshing to have someone else on the board that I can more closely identify with. You are right. We expect them to be ethical, hold to their word, know the law etc etc etc, but if we are not willing to dothe same are we any better than the officer who treats us poorly? Karma has a nasty way of rearing its ugly head. 80% of the LEO out there are good people with good intentions trying to keep people safe just like the majority on this board have good intentions. But to make blanket statements about LEO is just as blatantly ridiculous as making blanket statements about every one of you on this board. That is not right nor fair. But making assumptions and thinking every LEO is not as knowledgable as you is just plain ignorant thinking.

Wow. I think I may have conveyed my point of view in such a way as to lead some of you into a negative thought train on the topic, although not on purpose. Perhaps I should have been more specific.

I'm a pretty good judge of character. I would only use such a tactic on an LEO who was agressive, ignorant of the law and who would seek to "ram"their opinion down my throat because he/she believes her opinion is more superior than the law and my rights.

As for the other 99.9% of cool-headed and respectful LEOs out there. I love you guys/gals. I hope that clears up any misunderstandings.

Kevin

thx997303

imported post

The officer was saying what he said as a police officer.

If he had stated that this was only his own opinion, it would be different.

Instead, he stated "As a police officer" Before his comments.

Therefore he was throwing the weight of his badge behind it.

Not respectable.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

thx997303 wrote:
How did you make that?:lol:

Oooooo. I just noticed.

Cannibal, assasin cows.Check what's on the one dinner plate.

THX. You're toast. Its an udderly hopeless situation. Been good to know you. Can I have the XD?

BBQ! Its your only hope. Fire up the BBQ grill!

:)

thx997303

imported post

Well, I would say, 9mm, .380, .44, 7.62x39, 7.62x54R, .38 spcl, and 12ga.

Oh, and propane stove, and frying pan.

Sorry, blurry pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.