• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at Fireworks in Downtown Spokane

K_Bjornstad

imported post

I OC'd tonight at the celebration of the birthday of the Spokesman Review. I got a few looks from the patrons, security officers and police officers at the event. This time, I got no questions but I heard some people saying "I thought guns were illegal in public." However, I did not get to educate them. I just thought I would see if anyone was down there tonight.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

K_Bjornstad wrote:
This time, I got no questions but I heard some people saying "I thought guns were illegal in public." However, I did not get to educate them. I just thought I would see if anyone was down there tonight.

All it takes is 30 seconds to hand out a brochure with a 'here you go ma'am, in case you have any questions'...

:D

just_a_car

imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
K_Bjornstad wrote:
This time, I got no questions but I heard some people saying "I thought guns were illegal in public." However, I did not get to educate them. I just thought I would see if anyone was down there tonight.

All it takes is 30 seconds to hand out a brochure with a 'here you go ma'am, in case you have any questions'...

:D
30 seconds?!... I could hand out 6 in that time.

Now, to hand it out and talk to the person, putting a good face on OC, takes longer. Usually I'll talk to the person for anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes.