• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need NRA Basic Pistol Course ASAP

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Well folks, I had an interesting situation happen where I need to attend a non-professional conference in Waterbury, CT. Of course, I'm caught flat-footed and without a Connecticut State Pistol Permit. I need a Basic Pistol Course in the next 2 weeks so I can get the application in on time (they take the full 60 days).

I have Mondays and Tuesday off. If anyone here is an NRA Basic Pistol Instructor, please message me PM or post here. Going to CT without my handgun is not in the cards. :/

DEROS72

imported post

Have you ever heard of Frontsite Las Vegas.It's a Firearms training resort.Besides the various training programs they also assist you in obtaining a 30 state concealed carry permit. It might not be what your looking for at the moment but even though I have been military trained I'm going to try to make one of their refresher courses soon.Besides I used to live in Vegas so it would be atrip home for me...Check out this link...http://frontsight.com/newsletter/html/19-ccw.html

DEROS72

imported post

I had no Idea that this was here.So it is availble to the general public.?Also if you have your cpl do they still require an additional background check??

krazichinaman

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
I had no Idea that this was here.So it is availble to the general public.?Also if you have your cpl do they still require an additional background check??
If I remember right they are closed 2 days of the week for SPD training only. The other days they are open till 5 pm. You have to be a member to shoot there. However,a member can bring upto a few people to shoot for free! If you take your class there, they will apply it towards your membership. When I was there on Sat, we shot at the pistol/ rifle range (50/100/200 yd).

Hope this helps you some!

BTW I took my class at FAS, which I highly recommend. Too bad you are in such a rush though :banghead:.

joeroket

imported post

Not to take away from this thread or the facility but I found some if it rather odd. Mayor Nichols and Chief Kerlikowski are completely anit-firearm yet the site says;

It is owned and operated by the SPAA and the Seattle Police Department (SPD). The SPAA operates the facility as a members only firearms facility in conjunction with a retail outlet selling firearms, ammunition and associated merchandise.

I guess if it is something that makes money then it is OK to turn your cheek away from something that you feel citizens should not be allowed to have.

krazichinaman

imported post

joeroket wrote:
Not to take away from this thread or the facility but I found some if it rather odd. Mayor Nichols and Chief Kerlikowski are completely anit-firearm yet the site says;

It is owned and operated by the SPAA and the Seattle Police Department (SPD). The SPAA operates the facility as a members only firearms facility in conjunction with a retail outlet selling firearms, ammunition and associated merchandise.

I guess if it is something that makes money then it is OK to turn your cheek away from something that you feel citizens should not be allowed to have.
Like I said, I never took a class there. I really enjoyed my FAS class. I will be going back there this sept to take Defensive Handguns..just need to save a bit more money......darn you college!!!!:cuss: