• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bargain Pawn Shop on Vegas Blvd

yeahYeah

imported post

I stopped into Bargain Pawn on my way home from work today. they have a large selection of rifles...most are very old...has anyone done business with them?

Steve_LV

imported post

The gun and coin guy, Glen, is great. I've bought guns from him for at least 15 years, and I took my CCW class there. I don't believe the guns on the wall of the pawn shop are for sale, but he's got some great stuff in his "cage." :D

CowboyKen

imported post

I havebought two guns from Glen and used him to do a couple of transfers. I like him and his wife and I think they are straight up.

Glen's prices on new gunsare the best I have found in town. He ordered a gun I was looking for and had it in two days. His prices on used guns are fair IMO. I have heard him tell a fellow who came into the store to sell a gun that he would do better selling it privately, you cannot be more honest then that.

Ken

yeahYeah

imported post

i was impressed with the pricing. i was looking at some .22's and a .7mm yesturday. $69 for a rifle...that's not bad! i am probably going to go back today because i was told "the gun guy was out for the day"

AnakinsKid

imported post

I bought 4 of my guns from Glen. He and his wife did my CCW class (she did NV, he did UT). I recommend them to anyone who asks.

Edit: Does anyone know when their next CCW qualification shoot is? I need to put a couple more guns on my permit.

yeahYeah

imported post

I stopped by Bargain pawn the other day and will be making some purchases from them. i am going to buy through galleryofguns.com and use Bargain as the FFL...there is a nice discount when you order off this website.

I am also putting in my application to the ATF for my C&R license so i can bypass FFL's when i want to buy older weapons.

mp4life

imported post

Yea, I bought my Glock 17 there, lowest price in town, really good people! Glen is nice guy, he helped me pick out the "right" 9mm for me, use to shooting .40...

MsXD9

imported post

Do they have any nice revolvers? I'd like to add a 38 to my permit before they get it printed and mailed out to me. The 38 would make a nice backup gun or will be a nice gun to carry while in dress clothes.

mp4life

imported post

yes they do, Glen, the guy that looks like "father christmas" (santa) can help you find almost anything!

CowboyKen

imported post

I bought a S & W 442 from Glen awhile back. I called him up and told him what I was looking for and asked the price. He told me how much but said he would have to order it it. I said go ahead. He called me three days later to tell me he had my revolver.

Very easy to deal with.

Ken

Vegassteve

imported post

Went in today for the first time to pick up ammo.Great folks. Funny helpful and they OC so I felt at home. Lots of great buys on all sorts of firearms as well. I will be buying my next one from them.