Thread: New to OpenCarry

Post imported post

Just wanted to introduce myself. I have been carrying concealed for a few months now and have wanted to exercise my newly affirmed right to Open Carry. Today after leaving work I decided to get some gas and thought this would be a good time to start. I did't need to go inside so it wasn't too big of a deal...baby steps here

I have been carrying in the small of my back just because it is more convenient in the summer and I am a bigger guy. Everywhere I go I would have to untuck my polo in back and look like a slob just to carry my gun. I know that the small of the back is not the place to open carry and I will be getting a proper OWB holster to have a 3 o'clock.

Has anyone ever had an OC experience in Williamston? From the 3 purchases I have made I can tell you that the Williamston PD appears to be understaffed(what PD's aren't these days) and not really concerned about purchase permits and inspections. Not too sure how they will react on the streets when I am approached. If you have been through Williamston it is pretty small and very safe feeling so I am pretty sure a call will be made when I show up at the local grocery store. Any suggestions?

Glad to be here and glad to be exercising my rights. :celebrate

FYI: I carry a Bersa UC9 and wife carries a FEG .32 Walther PP clone. We were almost car jacked in Lansing so we decided it was time to carry.

Post imported post

Welcome to OCDO. I am not sure how many members we have in your area with OC experience, but i an sure if there are any they WILL chime in.

Post imported post

Oh and I thought I might add...I had my CPL course at the Grass Lake Sportsmen's club and the "Legal Guru" was the honorable John G. McBain. He is currently the Chief Judge pro-tempore in Jackson County Circuit Court and is so Pro Gun it is almost sickening. He spent hours upon hours telling us about personal emails he has had with Granholm over the years and what she really thinks along with the scum of the earth he has put away. Very eye opening. If anyone ever has a Gun realted issue in Jackson County this guy is on our side. I literally could not believe the stuff coming out of his mouth. Great Great Guy.

Post imported post

can i add his email to my address book? :shock: :what: welcome aboard bud. Look forward to someday meeting ya at a get together or somethin.

*S*

Post imported post

Welcome aboard!!!:celebrate

I have OC'd in Williamston. No contact, problems, from anyone.
    The only terrorists I see nowadays are at the Capital.

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.

Post imported post

While it tends to be nerve racking at first, open carry doesn't seem to get many reactions from anyone, and that pretty much applies anywhere in the US. In the case of a small town, most everyone in the area will own guns, and think nothing of it.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Tucker6900 wrote:

Gone into any stores?

Post imported post

Krmnnghia wrote:
    Tucker6900 wrote:

Gone into any stores?
    Reeners, Felpausch, Mcdonalds, Speedway, Merindorfs.

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Tucker6900 wrote:
    Krmnnghia wrote:
    Tucker6900 wrote:

Gone into any stores?
    Reeners, Felpausch, Mcdonalds, Speedway, Merindorfs.

I've OCed in that meat market (Merindorfs), one of the first places I every did.

An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Either they dont notice, or dont care. It may be the large population of hunters that go in and out of there to process their kills, andI believe the owner is a gun nut himself.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Tucker6900 wrote:
    Either they dont notice, or dont care. It may be the large population of hunters that go in and out of there to process their kills, andI believe the owner is a gun nut himself.
    I was therelast December and they were busy with Christmas shoppers. A few noticed, but as usually happens they don't seem to care. I will say the young man that helped me noticed, and seemed to go out of his way to help me. Most likely thought I was a police officer, that and the fact I spent too much money there.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    the fact I spent too much money there.
    Thats not hard to do at all...