As used in this chapter:
(1) (a) "Intersection street" means any street which meets or crosses a pedestrian mall at a mall intersection but includes only those portions thereof on either side of the mall intersection which lie between the mall intersection and the first intersection of the intersecting street with a public street or highway open to vehicular traffic. If any portion of a pedestrian mall terminates on a street at a place thereon other than at a place of intersection with a public street or highway open to vehicular traffic, such intersecting street shall also include that portion of any street which lies between such place of termination and the first intersection of such street with the public street or highway open to vehicular traffic.
(b) "Intersecting street" also includes any other street or portion of a street which the legislative body declares to be such by resolution.
(2) "Legislative body" means the legislative body of the municipality.
(3) "Mall intersection" means any intersection of a street constituting a part of a pedestrian mall with any street which intersection is itself part of a pedestrian mall.
(4) "Municipality" includes every city or town within this state.
(5) "Pedestrian mall" means one or more streets or portions thereof, on which vehicular traffic is, or is to be, restricted in whole or in part and which is, or is to be, used exclusively or primarily for pedestrian travel.
(6) "Street" means any public road, street, highway, alley, lane, court, way, or place of any nature open to the use of the public, excluding state highways.
Amended by Chapter 10, 1997 General Session