Thread: Visit to Oly

Post imported post

I'm going to be in Olympia from Aug. 3rd-8th and the 10th-15th and would like to meet up with some of you guys from down there, especially SV and Bear. I am going to be in classes from 8am-5pm everyday so maybe we could make a dinner meet up somewhere.

The bad part is that I can't carry during the classes as they are at an Educational District and qualify as school property but I will be carrying at all other times.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

I suspect we can arrange a couple of meets during your visit to La La land.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Yeah we can arrange some visits! I'm pretty much unavailable until the 4th. I have Monday and Tuesday off, so if you can work out a time on those days, that would be great.

Steve

Post imported post

I can do the 4th or 5th..evenings. Got to get a holster, though!

Steve, I know you carry a Security Six...any suggestions?

Steve K
    “Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire,
    a troublesome servant and a fearful master.” - George Washington

Post imported post

I will also be over on the west side visiting friends on the I-5 during that week and would love to meet some of you from the other side of the mountains.

State Researcher

Post imported post

CrossBow33 wrote:

Steve K
    Something that you like. I picked up one holster with the gun, we just tried a bunch of dfferent ones until one fit. The other holster I modded somewhat.

I would suggest going down to Sportsman's Warehouse or Larry's, checking the unloaded gun at customer service so you could try different holsters and then find a nice holster that has a strap across the top or a very snug fit, whichever you are most comfortable with. One of those places is sure to have one.

Steve

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    CrossBow33 wrote:

Steve K
    Something that you like. I picked up one holster with the gun, we just tried a bunch of dfferent ones until one fit. The other holster I modded somewhat.

I would suggest going down to Sportsman's Warehouse or Larry's, checking the unloaded gun at customer service so you could try different holsters and then find a nice holster that has a strap across the top or a very snug fit, whichever you are most comfortable with. One of those places is sure to have one.

Steve
    OK...I'll do that. Larry's is close.

Thanks!

Post imported post

So Steve, does the 5th work for you and should we call it for then?

State Researcher

Post imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
    Yeah all day on the 5th works for me.

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    Yeah all day on the 5th works for me.
    OK, so what time do you want this get together to happen guys? Are we talking 6 pm so everyone can get off work and then meet up?

Post imported post

The 5th at 6 works for me.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Now where do we want to meet? Denny's on the Westside? They are quiet, good food and OC friendly...

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    Now where do we want to meet? Denny's on the Westside? They are quiet, good food and OC friendly...
    You pick it as you know Oly eateries better than I do. I have no objection to the Dennys if no one else doesn't either.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
    sv_libertarian wrote:
    You pick it as you know Oly eateries better than I do. I have no objection to the Dennys if no one else doesn't either.
    I'm gonna call Denny's just because it is one of three decent places I know of that have no probs with OC, and one is OldSchool Pizza which is real loud, but good food, and the other is a small sandwich shop mainly geared towards takeout.

Steve

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    sv_libertarian wrote:
    I'm gonna call Denny's just because it is one of three decent places I know of that have no probs with OC, and one is OldSchool Pizza which is real loud, but good food, and the other is a small sandwich shop mainly geared towards takeout.

Steve
    So Aug 5th at 6PM at Denny's sounds perfect to me. No what Denny's is it so I can find it.

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

joeroket wrote:
    sv_libertarian wrote:
    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    sv_libertarian wrote:

Steve
    So Aug 5th at 6PM at Denny's sounds perfect to me. No what Denny's is it so I can find it.
    Black Lake Blvd and Highway 101.

Post imported post

Excellent, Thats only about 2 miles from where I am staying.

Post imported post

Bump for a reminder.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Well me, Bear and Joerocket showed. Too bad nobody else did, we spent about 5 hours BSing and having a good time. Bear got to give a gun rights pamphlet to a nice fellow from Portland who has a CPL but did not realize OC was legal. We directed him to the Oregon forum on OCDO, hopefully another OC'r in that part of the world soon!

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    Well me, Bear and Joerocket showed.Â* Too bad nobody else did, we spent about 5 hours BSing and having a good time.Â* Bear got to give a gun rights pamphlet to a nice fellow from Portland who has a CPL but did not realize OC was legal.Â* We directed him to the Oregon forum on OCDO, hopefully another OC'r in that part of the world soon!
    CRAP!

I couldve made it, and showededid off my new G17

I was @ larry's around 5, bugging them about all sorts of stuff....

They put up with my naive questions, I learned a lot, and they're definitely on my go to list..

Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Yes you could have:P There is most likely going to be another meetup next week. Don't know if I can make it, but Joe and Bear are already planning another get together. I expect some local faces will show this time dangit!

Post imported post

Had a great time meeting and BS'ing with SV and Bear. As SV said Bear and I are probably going to get together next week when I come back to Oly for another 5 days. It will be posted so hopefully we can get a few others as well.

The guy from Portland seemed almost dumbfounded that OC was legal there with a permit. Hopefully he visits the Oregon forum and we add another NW guy the the boards. He was very receptive and willing to listen. Definately a rational and smart guy.