• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Visit to Oly

joeroket

imported post

I'm going to be in Olympia from Aug. 3rd-8th and the 10th-15th and would like to meet up with some of you guys from down there, especially SV and Bear. I am going to be in classes from 8am-5pm everyday so maybe we could make a dinner meet up somewhere.

The bad part is that I can't carry during the classes as they are at an Educational District and qualify as school property but I will be carrying at all other times.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Yeah we can arrange some visits! I'm pretty much unavailable until the 4th. I have Monday and Tuesday off, so if you can work out a time on those days, that would be great.

Steve

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

CrossBow33 wrote:
I can do the 4th or 5th..evenings. Got to get a holster, though!

Steve, I know you carry a Security Six...any suggestions?

Steve K
Something that you like. I picked up one holster with the gun, we just tried a bunch of dfferent ones until one fit. The other holster I modded somewhat.

I would suggest going down to Sportsman's Warehouse or Larry's, checking the unloaded gun at customer service so you could try different holsters and then find a nice holster that has a strap across the top or a very snug fit, whichever you are most comfortable with. One of those places is sure to have one.

Steve

CrossBow33

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
CrossBow33 wrote:
I can do the 4th or 5th..evenings. Got to get a holster, though!

Steve, I know you carry a Security Six...any suggestions?

Steve K
Something that you like. I picked up one holster with the gun, we just tried a bunch of dfferent ones until one fit. The other holster I modded somewhat.

I would suggest going down to Sportsman's Warehouse or Larry's, checking the unloaded gun at customer service so you could try different holsters and then find a nice holster that has a strap across the top or a very snug fit, whichever you are most comfortable with. One of those places is sure to have one.

Steve

OK...I'll do that. Larry's is close.

Thanks!

Bear 45/70

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Now where do we want to meet? Denny's on the Westside? They are quiet, good food and OC friendly...
You pick it as you know Oly eateries better than I do. I have no objection to the Dennys if no one else doesn't either.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
Now where do we want to meet? Denny's on the Westside? They are quiet, good food and OC friendly...
You pick it as you know Oly eateries better than I do. I have no objection to the Dennys if no one else doesn't either.
I'm gonna call Denny's just because it is one of three decent places I know of that have no probs with OC, and one is OldSchool Pizza which is real loud, but good food, and the other is a small sandwich shop mainly geared towards takeout.

Steve

joeroket

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
I'm gonna call Denny's just because it is one of three decent places I know of that have no probs with OC, and one is OldSchool Pizza which is real loud, but good food, and the other is a small sandwich shop mainly geared towards takeout.

Steve
So Aug 5th at 6PM at Denny's sounds perfect to me. No what Denny's is it so I can find it.

Bear 45/70

imported post

joeroket wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:

Steve
So Aug 5th at 6PM at Denny's sounds perfect to me. No what Denny's is it so I can find it.
Black Lake Blvd and Highway 101.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Well me, Bear and Joerocket showed. Too bad nobody else did, we spent about 5 hours BSing and having a good time. Bear got to give a gun rights pamphlet to a nice fellow from Portland who has a CPL but did not realize OC was legal. We directed him to the Oregon forum on OCDO, hopefully another OC'r in that part of the world soon!

TechnoWeenie

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Well me, Bear and Joerocket showed.  Too bad nobody else did, we spent about 5 hours BSing and having a good time.  Bear got to give a gun rights pamphlet to a nice fellow from Portland who has a CPL but did not realize OC was legal.  We directed him to the Oregon forum on OCDO, hopefully another OC'r in that part of the world soon!

CRAP!

I couldve made it, and showededid off my new G17 :D

I was @ larry's around 5, bugging them about all sorts of stuff....

They put up with my naive questions, I learned a lot, and they're definitely on my go to list..