• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"No guns"signs

Michigander

imported post

A lot of places in the valley have "no weapons" or "no guns" signs on their doors. I've been contemplating asking to speak to the manager, and telling them why I won't shop there, or perhaps starting to write letters, but I can't help thinking that it's their private property, and maybe it's not my place to tell them what to do, so I should just not shop there, and that given the sheer number of stores with no gun policies, it might not do much good anyway. But then again, it’s our cause, and a matter of life and death, so I still can’t help feeling obligated.

So again, my question is, should we be protesting no gun policies at private establishments that the law would otherwise allow us to carry in?

AZkopper

imported post

Sure, knock yourself out, write a letter to the management or ask to speak to a manager (unarmed-so you're not trespassing). I doubtyou'll change their minds.

Personally, I say just CC if you have to shop there. Better to be asked to leave if (somehow) they find out your armed, rather than be a victim.

This does not apply to 'forbidden zones' in AZ, as you will face serious charges if you carry in state defined sensitive areas.

dreamcro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AZkopper wrote:
Sure, knock yourself out, write a letter to the management or ask to speak to a manager (unarmed-so you're not trespassing). I doubt you'll change their minds. 

Personally, I say just CC if you have to shop there. Better to be asked to leave if (somehow) they find out your armed, rather than be a victim.

This does not apply to 'forbidden zones' in AZ, as you will face serious charges if you carry in state defined sensitive areas.

+1

gravedigger

imported post

A lot of places in the valley have "no weapons" or "no guns" signs on their doors.

I figure it won't be too long before we start seeing them plastered all over COMMIEfornia too.

I've been contemplating asking to speak to the manager, and telling them why I won't shop there, or perhaps starting to write letters, but I can't help thinking that it's their private property, and maybe it's not my place to tell them what to do,

If it is private property, they have the right to forbid guns on the premesis, and YOU have the right to not patronize their business.

so I should just not shop there, and that given the sheer number of stores with no gun policies, it might not do much good anyway. But then again, it’s our cause, and a matter of life and death, so I still can’t help feeling obligated.

They are afraid, because they have been brought up under the liberal LIE of "police protection."

So again, my question is, should we be protesting no gun policies at private establishments that the law would otherwise allow us to carry in?

I think you should take a different approach!

Go to your local sign maker, and have a few copies of a NICE, tastefully made sign of a visible, but not obtrusive size made up, maybe out of a laminated gator board or even the routed two-tone plastic signs like a name plate on an executive's desk, and approach the managers and owners of these places and offer to support their position by posting YOUR sign as well.

YOUR sign should read:

GUN-FREEZONE1.jpg

Michigander

imported post

Gravedigger, that's what I've been doing, not going there. Its been costing me some extra driving, but it seems well worth it.

What I can't do is carry concealed, because I have no permit, nor a desire to get one. If somebody doesn't want me carrying in their business, I don't go there.

I don't know that I'll use them for anything, but that sign is so damn funny that I'm going to have to print a few off.:lol:

gravedigger

imported post

Go ahead and print 'em! Anyone has my permission to reproduce them in any quantity for the purpose of sending a clear message to the owners and managers of anti-2nd amendment businesses.

Alec411

imported post

Getting business cards printed

"If you chose to deny me access because I am wearying a gun; I chose to do business elsewhere"

"iF i AM NOT PERMITTED INSIDE BECAUSE I CHOSE TO CARRY A GUN; MY GUN, MY MONEY, AND i WILL BE LEAVING"

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I've encountered one place where they've removed the 'No Weapons' sign.. 'Radiology Limited' in Marana. Dunno why... butI have to take my 91 yr old mom-in-law there now 'n then. Used to be... you could take off yer gunbelt, roll it up 'n hand it to any barkeep. Or just lay yer piece on the bar. I did that in Douglas awhile back 'n they had a fit. I still do it 'some places here tho.

Dahwg

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
I've encountered one place where they've removed the 'No Weapons' sign.. 'Radiology Limited' in Marana. Dunno why... butI have to take my 91 yr old mom-in-law there now 'n then. Used to be... you could take off yer gunbelt, roll it up 'n hand it to any barkeep. Or just lay yer piece on the bar. I did that in Douglas awhile back 'n they had a fit. I still do it 'some places here tho.
Do people actually still go to Douglas? Hasn't it fallen in to Mexico yet?

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Dahwg wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:
Do people actually still go to Douglas? Hasn't it fallen in to Mexico yet?
'Looked like a ghost town compared to what it was 30 years ago (or so). I saw very few non-Mexicans (anywhere). This was prior to the hiring ban... Now it's prob'ly even more deserted. The Gadsden looks like it's fallin' apart... Sad.