• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I am sick of this guy

xRapidDavex

imported post

I WILL NOT support a forum, or its members, that allows this behavior to happen:

nice person, Swiliden:

There's nothing in the law that prohibits carrying fully loaded without a permit in a city or a town, or on others' private property without permission. The law does restrict carrying fully loaded in a vehicle or on a public street, but it makes no difference if the vehicle or street is in town or in the sticks. And it does restrict carrying at all (loaded or not, permit or not) in private residences where the owner has told you not to.

Nice response, xRapidDavex:
Well Swiliden, if you want to handle your firearm in public view that often to load and unload then be my guest.

Evil person with a response not fitting to my comment. His name is sfemti33

So glad he has the permission of the all knowing dave. What would he do without you?

This can be found in this thread:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum52/14239.html

on page 1.

You guys know that I said some heated comments, but this guy personally attacked me in another thread threatening violence, calling me names, and stirring emotions. He even decided it was ok to post a private message between us into the open part of the forum.

I have not contacted this individual since the thread was closed, and I replied appropriately to another comment he had in this thread:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum52/14190-3.html

very top of page 3.

This needs to stop NOW
, and I can not believe no one else on this message board thinks this guy is doing things wrong.

xRapidDavex

imported post

By the way, this is my response to his "all knowing Dave" comment

Oh great, here we go again. What did I do this time? Am I not entitled to an opinion?

I did not disagree with him, in fact I agreed with him that it is legal. I offered a view point, in a non condescending manner, that he can do that all he wants but doesn't sound like my cup of tea.

In the future, could you possibly try and have a reasonable conversation with me without jumping down my throat? I don't care if you think that calling me the "all knowing Dave" doesn't offend me, but it does.... so stop it.

I haven't attacked you since the other thread was closed, in fact, I replied to you in a nice manner in THX's thread. All I ask is that you have the common courtesy to do the same.

xRapidDavex

imported post

Freedom of speech does not mean you should not be courteous to people. When the other thread was closed, I was willing to put everything behind us.

You, however, decided to attack me again and I am sick of it.

You say you will give respect if I show it to you, well I thought I did by responding to you in a nice manner.

I guess you do not see it that way though.

xRapidDavex

imported post

For the record, I do not want you off the board, I want how you talk and respond to me to change.

ScottyT

imported post

I am sure others have done as I have and just ignore the combative jerk.

I really do wish there were some kind of block or ignore function to the forums.

Remember: don't feed the trolls! Yeah, he's a jerk, just do as you would do when a jerk confronts you on the street, just keep walking (posting?).

GeneticsDave

imported post

please-do-not-feed-the-hoboken-trolls.jpg

TROLLS.... ugh.

xRapidDavex

imported post

sfemti33 wrote:
D94R wrote:
Wow, Yes! fast enough lol.
Yeah, Im at home. Taking care of family matters, but when they arenapping it means I can post freely and often. My wife often chides me for being a little too aggressive in my speech, shes helping me work on it. Guess it offends some, but I have a right to be heard just like the next Joe Schmoe.
I know you do, and it is good to know that someone in your family thinks you are aggressive with your speech.

There you went again calling me a little kid for starting this thread. Maybe it was childish, but what option did I have. If I sent a private message, I am pretty sure you would have told me to calm down and quit being a baby and spouted off about how you have a right to speech blah blah blah.

Yes, you do have that right. Use it, but don't abuse it. Please don't FLAME everything I post.

All I ask is that you sit back, loot at what you typed, and ask "Is this appropriate? Am I being rude or making a valid point? Is there a more tactful way to make this point than what I have typed here?"

Remember, great writing goes through many revisions.

bobernet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

xRapidDavex wrote:
There you went again calling me a little kid for starting this thread. Maybe it was childish, but what option did I have.
Umm, ignore him? "Someone on the Internet is being mean to me. Make him stop."

bobernet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

sfemti33 wrote:
While you take your right to OC to the extreme, I take my 1st amendment right to the extreme. Our founding fathers new that speech was one of the greatest and most personal freedoms we have. I will exercise it as you exercise your gun.
You being here has nothing to do with the 1st amendment. It shows a vast ignorance of Constitutional protections to assume that you have the right to say whatever you want on a private forum, run by private individuals (Mike and John).

The Constitution protects you from having the police arrest you for being mean to Dave, or whatever the drama is about. It doesn't protect you from being kicked off a private forum by private individuals.

Call Dave a baby if you want, but don't drag the 1st amendment into it. You just make yourself look ignorant.