• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Aide to Sen. Jim Webb found dead

kenny

imported post

http://www.newsadvance.com/lna/news...jim_webb_found_dead_in_botetourt_county/6984/

WSLS News
Published: July 29, 2008
Deputies find an aide to Senator Jim Webb dead in his car this morning.
The Botetourt County Sheriff’s Office says Fred Hutchins Jr. was found shot to death on Route 220, north of Fincastle , shortly after 7:00 a.m. The car was parked on the southbound shoulder of the road. Investigators found Hutchins’ body outside the car, on a small hill beside the road. He had been shot in the head, and a gun was found underneath his body.
Sheriff Ronnie Sprinkle says the Medical Examiner’s Office will determine the official cause of death. Sheriff Sprinkle believes the death happened between 4:30 a.m. and 7:08 a.m., between when one officer passed the scene and no car was there, and when the officer who found the body stopped.

tripledipper

imported post

Now maybeWebb will have some morematerial for another book he will write down the road. If Mark Warner teams up with this guy we will not see another Republican Senator for a long time. I am so angry with George Allen for shooting himself in both feet with the "macaca" remark and denying his Jewish heritage.

Mr. Y

Super Secret Squirrel Bunker, Virginia, USA
imported post

c'mon guys. that's just not funny. the guy's dead

While we can debate the party affiliation until the cows come home the FACT remains that Webb has done more pro-gun stuff for us than Allen did in his entire 6 years.

Dealing with the NPS issue, it's at least been better. In fairness though, Webb did promise to submit a bill to repeal the NPS ban and hasn'tfollowed through on that.

YMMV, but I dealt with both offices and Webb's is by far easier than Allen's was.