Thread: My... what a safe city we live in!!! VA Beach that is!!!

Post imported post

The above subject title was said with sarcasm!!!

Two tourists robbed at gunpoint in Virginia Beach

By Shawn Day
    The Virginian-Pilot
    © July 29, 2008
    VIRGINIA BEACH

Police are investigating the armed robbery late Sunday night of two New Yorkers walking near the Oceanfront.

The two men were walking along Pacific Avenue at 26th Street when two other men in a dark area motioned for them to come over, said Margie Long, a Virginia Beach police spokeswoman.

The four exchanged small talk before one man pulled a handgun and demanded money from the two New Yorkers, Long said.

The robbers took $246 and debit cards and ran west on 26th Street, police said. Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887).

http://hamptonroads.com/2008/07/two-...virginia-beach

Post imported post

Hmmm, two guys beckoning me to come into a dark alley. Well what should I do? :?

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

I wonder who Bloomberg will sue over that:shock:

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

DocDaddy wrote:
    SNIP Police are investigating the armed robbery late Sunday night of two New Yorkers walking near the Oceanfront.
    Didn't we have a cop lecture an OCer about how safe this area is last year?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

The two men were walking along Pacific Avenue at 26th Street when two other men in a dark area motioned for them to come over, said Margie Long, a Virginia Beach police spokeswoman.

Hmmmm two MEN on vacation together were invited to a dark area by two other men??

Post imported post

If your crusin you may wind up losin. Risk takers must be willing to face consequences, regardless of theirorientation. Straight or gay, you will pay.

Post imported post

Most likely drug related.
    Bitka Sve Reava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Post imported post

But ..... But ..... Say it aint so.

But I thought New Yawkers were sharpsters that were able to hustle even Minnesota Fats. Do ya 'spose they got any money left in the bank at home? See, I got this bridge, and times is tight, ya know. I hate to let it go, but I gotta feed my kids.

Situational awareness is just about everything.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

GLENGLOCKER wrote:

Hmmmm two MEN on vacation together were invited to a dark area by two other men??
    kinda makes ya wonder if there were some stall walls and foot tappin going on. I am not a rocket scientist but I sure would not go over to a dark area where 2 other persons I do not know beckoned me.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:

But I thought New Yawkers were sharpsters that were able to hustle even Minnesota Fats. Do ya 'spose they got any money left in the bank at home? See, I got this bridge, and times is tight, ya know. I hate to let it go, but I gotta feed my kids.

stay safe.

skidmark
    That's a rather derogatory slant towards Northerners......
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

Speaking of the safety of va beach my wife was assaulted while on a delivery last winter and wont carry a sign on her car and their threatening to fire her now saying that if she gets robbed at gunpoint or worse its not their problem. they wont even let her carry mace...... sounds like a safe place to me I still wouldent go wondering into any dark allys though.

Post imported post

sccrref wrote:
    GLENGLOCKER wrote:

kinda makes ya wonder if there were some stall walls and foot tappin going on. I am not a rocket scientist but I sure would not go over to a dark area where 2 other persons I do not know beckoned me.

Of Course there was. They were from NEW YORK......
    :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

When The Bronx annexed Florida, the number of aids cases quadrupedaled!

Post imported post

It's sad. Va Beach was pretty safe in the 60's. Buckroe Beach was the place you had to fight your way out of.

Now the whole thing seems to be a war zone.

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    skidmark wrote:

stay safe.

skidmark
    Being a northerner by birth (southerner by heritage) may I respectfully state that there is NOTHING in common between New Yawkers and most other northerners beyond latitude, excepting the weinies in Chicago. That was a derogatory slant towards New Yawkers and generally speaking, I'm good with that unless they were upstaters. Just sayin' ....
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    It's sad. Va Beach was pretty safe in the 60's. Buckroe Beach was the place you had to fight your way out of.

Now the whole thing seems to be a war zone.
    Anywhere there's tourists there's going to be crooks to prey on them. Of course it is downplayed so the tourists keep coming. Being from upstate NY I can tell you what we call City People are a breed apart from the rest of us.

Post imported post

Yes, upstaters,we were not "woodchucks". Just kidding. I could not standlivingin NYC either and left as soon as I could with a pension. Hampton Roads is also different than most of the rest of the Commonwealth, just look at statistics forhomicides,rapes, robberies, etc. A lot of trash came up onI-95 and 13 along with thegood people that settled here, but at least we are allowed to defend ourselves here. I have no complaints.

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    skidmark wrote:

stay safe.

skidmark
    It might be stereotyping. It might be sarcastic. It might be jesting. But how you arrived at derogatory is difficult to ascertain.

And, for the record, I thought I read a statement from you to the effect that since you seem to find my postings, both public and private, to be unimicable, you were going to "ignore" me. I suppose I now need to offer a "thank you" for the ignorance you have shown me.

skidmark

* My apologies to any on the board who may have been upset by this, but since ProShooter has told me never to PM him again I must respond publically. I would have preferred to discuss the matter via PM, but I must bow to ProShooter's wishes not to do so.

Those requesting verification, please PM me and I will provide copies of the correspondence.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

Actually, my mistake was that since I was offended by the slight to New Yorkers that I read (being a NY'er), I responded to the posting beforenoting who the poster was. You can see that after my posting, I realized who the poster was and refrained from further posts.Believe me, I have zero interest in maintaining any type of conversation with you.

I have copies of correspondence too. If anyone wishes to read the name calling and profanity that I have endured over the last few weeks, I have them.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Glock Certified Armorer

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    snip
    .............You can see that after my posting, I realized who the poster was and refrained from further posts. .............
    ????????? This is refraining?????????

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    Actually, my mistake was that since I was offended by the slight to New Yorkers that I read (being a NY'er), I responded to the posting beforenoting who the poster was. You can see that after my posting, I realized who the poster was and refrained from further posts.Believe me, I have zero interest in maintaining any type of conversation with you.

I have copies of correspondence too. If anyone wishes to read the name calling and profanity that I have endured over the last few weeks, I have them.

And why WOULD I BE INTERESTED IN pm's between the two of you. PM means PRIVATE MESSAGE.

Keep it PRIVATE!

Post imported post

This is starting to remind me of a LEO website, NYPD Rant (now calledTHEE RANT) where cops, firemen, correction officersand wannabees took turns bashing each other over minor differences of opinioneven though they agreed on most issues. Hey, we all like guns, are alllaw abiding citizens who want to be able to defend ourselves and our family,and most of us respect anyone who wears a gun for a living. I am a newby on hereand don't want to piss anyone off and donot know all the players but thats just my two cents.

Post imported post

tripledipper wrote:
    This is starting to remind me of a LEO website, NYPD Rant (now calledTHEE RANT) where cops, firemen, correction officersand wannabees took turns bashing each other over minor differences of opinioneven though they agreed on most issues. Hey, we all like guns, are alllaw abiding citizens who want to be able to defend ourselves and our family,and most of us respect anyone who wears a gun for a living. I am a newby on hereand don't want to piss anyone off and donot know all the players but thats just my two cents.
    well said
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

tripledipper wrote:
    Welcome to the site tripledipper