• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My... what a safe city we live in!!! VA Beach that is!!!

DocDaddy

imported post

The above subject title was said with sarcasm!!!

Two tourists robbed at gunpoint in Virginia Beach

By Shawn Day
The Virginian-Pilot
© July 29, 2008
VIRGINIA BEACH

Police are investigating the armed robbery late Sunday night of two New Yorkers walking near the Oceanfront.

The two men were walking along Pacific Avenue at 26th Street when two other men in a dark area motioned for them to come over, said Margie Long, a Virginia Beach police spokeswoman.

The four exchanged small talk before one man pulled a handgun and demanded money from the two New Yorkers, Long said.

The robbers took $246 and debit cards and ran west on 26th Street, police said. Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887).

http://hamptonroads.com/2008/07/two-tourists-robbed-gunpoint-virginia-beach

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

DocDaddy wrote:
SNIP Police are investigating the armed robbery late Sunday night of two New Yorkers walking near the Oceanfront.
Didn't we have a cop lecture an OCer about how safe this area is last year?

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

The two men were walking along Pacific Avenue at 26th Street when two other men in a dark area motioned for them to come over, said Margie Long, a Virginia Beach police spokeswoman.

Hmmmm two MEN on vacation together were invited to a dark area by two other men??

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

But ..... But ..... Say it aint so.

But I thought New Yawkers were sharpsters that were able to hustle even Minnesota Fats. Do ya 'spose they got any money left in the bank at home? See, I got this bridge, and times is tight, ya know. I hate to let it go, but I gotta feed my kids.

Situational awareness is just about everything.

stay safe.

skidmark

sccrref

imported post

GLENGLOCKER wrote:

Hmmmm two MEN on vacation together were invited to a dark area by two other men??
kinda makes ya wonder if there were some stall walls and foot tappin going on. I am not a rocket scientist but I sure would not go over to a dark area where 2 other persons I do not know beckoned me.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

skidmark wrote:

But I thought New Yawkers were sharpsters that were able to hustle even Minnesota Fats. Do ya 'spose they got any money left in the bank at home? See, I got this bridge, and times is tight, ya know. I hate to let it go, but I gotta feed my kids.

stay safe.

skidmark
That's a rather derogatory slant towards Northerners......

Sea_Chicken

imported post

Speaking of the safety of va beach my wife was assaulted while on a delivery last winter and wont carry a sign on her car and their threatening to fire her now saying that if she gets robbed at gunpoint or worse its not their problem. they wont even let her carry mace...... sounds like a safe place to me I still wouldent go wondering into any dark allys though.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

sccrref wrote:
GLENGLOCKER wrote:

kinda makes ya wonder if there were some stall walls and foot tappin going on. I am not a rocket scientist but I sure would not go over to a dark area where 2 other persons I do not know beckoned me.

Of Course there was. They were from NEW YORK......
:lol::celebrate:lol::celebrate:lol::celebrate:lol:

When The Bronx annexed Florida, the number of aids cases quadrupedaled!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

It's sad. Va Beach was pretty safe in the 60's. Buckroe Beach was the place you had to fight your way out of.

Now the whole thing seems to be a war zone.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
skidmark wrote:

stay safe.

skidmark
Being a northerner by birth (southerner by heritage) may I respectfully state that there is NOTHING in common between New Yawkers and most other northerners beyond latitude, excepting the weinies in Chicago. That was a derogatory slant towards New Yawkers and generally speaking, I'm good with that unless they were upstaters. Just sayin' .... ;)

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

peter nap wrote:
It's sad. Va Beach was pretty safe in the 60's. Buckroe Beach was the place you had to fight your way out of.

Now the whole thing seems to be a war zone.
Anywhere there's tourists there's going to be crooks to prey on them. Of course it is downplayed so the tourists keep coming. Being from upstate NY I can tell you what we call City People are a breed apart from the rest of us.

tripledipper

imported post

Yes, upstaters,we were not "woodchucks". Just kidding. I could not standlivingin NYC either and left as soon as I could with a pension. Hampton Roads is also different than most of the rest of the Commonwealth, just look at statistics forhomicides,rapes, robberies, etc. A lot of trash came up onI-95 and 13 along with thegood people that settled here, but at least we are allowed to defend ourselves here. I have no complaints.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
skidmark wrote:

stay safe.

skidmark

It might be stereotyping. It might be sarcastic. It might be jesting. But how you arrived at derogatory is difficult to ascertain.

And, for the record, I thought I read a statement from you to the effect that since you seem to find my postings, both public and private, to be unimicable, you were going to "ignore" me. I suppose I now need to offer a "thank you" for the ignorance you have shown me.

skidmark

* My apologies to any on the board who may have been upset by this, but since ProShooter has told me never to PM him again I must respond publically. I would have preferred to discuss the matter via PM, but I must bow to ProShooter's wishes not to do so.

Those requesting verification, please PM me and I will provide copies of the correspondence.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Actually, my mistake was that since I was offended by the slight to New Yorkers that I read (being a NY'er), I responded to the posting beforenoting who the poster was. You can see that after my posting, I realized who the poster was and refrained from further posts.Believe me, I have zero interest in maintaining any type of conversation with you.

I have copies of correspondence too. If anyone wishes to read the name calling and profanity that I have endured over the last few weeks, I have them.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
snip
.............You can see that after my posting, I realized who the poster was and refrained from further posts. .............
????????? This is refraining?????????

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Actually, my mistake was that since I was offended by the slight to New Yorkers that I read (being a NY'er), I responded to the posting beforenoting who the poster was. You can see that after my posting, I realized who the poster was and refrained from further posts.Believe me, I have zero interest in maintaining any type of conversation with you.

I have copies of correspondence too. If anyone wishes to read the name calling and profanity that I have endured over the last few weeks, I have them.

And why WOULD I BE INTERESTED IN pm's between the two of you. PM means PRIVATE MESSAGE.

Keep it PRIVATE!