Thread: An interesting experience

Post imported post

On Monday I had an interesting experience at a local restaurant in Charlotte. I was OCing and 6 plain clothes cops showed up, all carrying their guns, (one was OC, the other 5 were concealing, obviously by the bulges on their hips). All 6 sat down and ate and all 6 saw my pistol on my hip. They all spoke to me but not one comment, positive or negative, about my pistol. They almost seemed intimidated to say anything. One was looking at me and grinning somewhat, but no comments about the pistol whatsoever.

Surprising? Keep reading.

Now, it might be important to let you know that it was MY restaurant and I was working at the time!

I normally remove my pistol shortly after opening and put it back on after dark, but I got busy and didnt get a chance to put it away for about an hour. The officers came in for lunch. Theyknew they were on MYproperty and the situation was dramatically different than most of your OC situationsin town with LEOs. If any cop said anything negative I could simply refuse them service andask them to leave. The tables were turned and it was quite interesting. I alsowould like to say that 2 of them were regular customers too.

I just thought I would share this very intersting experience with you all.

Post imported post

Hmm... so would your restaurant be considered open-carry-friendly?

What might be the name of the place? I wouldn't mind giving you some business.

Post imported post

Yes, we are OC friendly. It is the Steak 'n Hoagie Shop on Sharon Amity Rd. (at the corner of Independence Blvd.). I have seen quite a few Ocers in my place.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Detectives aren't that easily intimidated.

Especially when, as customers, they have the negotiating position to eat somewhere else.

I'm guessing the grinner was happy to see a merchant ready to protect himself.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

It's good to know that if I'm ever in Charlotte there is a place where I'll be welcome! Unfortunately I have been disowned by the family that I have that lives there and my ex. girlfriend is the only other person I know out there. So I doubt I'll be out that way anytime soon, but it's good to know I could go if I wanted to!

Post imported post

Hey, I'm still down there occasionally.

And live next door to her, so you could visit and we could hang out just to piss her off.

That would be an interesting experience. Then we could go get some dinner.

Post imported post

lol, That sounds like fun! I think she's living at her parent's place too, but I'm not sure. If she is then she'd definitely notice, haha.

Post imported post

Panos1296

what is the street address of your restaurant? I'll yahoo directions...

(I live up by Concord Mills and am not that familiar with your part of town)

what are your weekend hours?

Post imported post

2620 N. Sharon Amity Rd., Charlotte, 28205

11-9 on Sat., Closed Sun.

Post imported post

great - I'll try to get down there this sat.

Post imported post

Panos, I will be picking up a Model 15 in two weeks, might have to get my a sub to celebrate, and OC as well

Post imported post

You should give discounts to anyone carrying a sidearm openly. Double it when they're not LEO.

If I lived down there, I gurantee that you would get a large portion of my business!

:celebrate

Post imported post

^ I second this.

Post imported post

Here here!

Post imported post

I go to the one on Eastway quite a bit and have seen one lady in there a few times OC'ing. Glad to know there are people out there that are friendly.