• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

An interesting experience

Panos1296

imported post

On Monday I had an interesting experience at a local restaurant in Charlotte. I was OCing and 6 plain clothes cops showed up, all carrying their guns, (one was OC, the other 5 were concealing, obviously by the bulges on their hips). All 6 sat down and ate and all 6 saw my pistol on my hip. They all spoke to me but not one comment, positive or negative, about my pistol. They almost seemed intimidated to say anything. One was looking at me and grinning somewhat, but no comments about the pistol whatsoever.

Surprising? Keep reading.

Now, it might be important to let you know that it was MY restaurant and I was working at the time!

I normally remove my pistol shortly after opening and put it back on after dark, but I got busy and didnt get a chance to put it away for about an hour. The officers came in for lunch. Theyknew they were on MYproperty and the situation was dramatically different than most of your OC situationsin town with LEOs. If any cop said anything negative I could simply refuse them service andask them to leave. The tables were turned and it was quite interesting. I alsowould like to say that 2 of them were regular customers too.

I just thought I would share this very intersting experience with you all.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Detectives aren't that easily intimidated.

Especially when, as customers, they have the negotiating position to eat somewhere else.

I'm guessing the grinner was happy to see a merchant ready to protect himself.

Weak 9mm

imported post

It's good to know that if I'm ever in Charlotte there is a place where I'll be welcome! Unfortunately I have been disowned by the family that I have that lives there and my ex. girlfriend is the only other person I know out there. So I doubt I'll be out that way anytime soon, but it's good to know I could go if I wanted to!

JDriver1.8t

imported post

Hey, I'm still down there occasionally.

And live next door to her, so you could visit and we could hang out just to piss her off.

That would be an interesting experience. Then we could go get some dinner.

Weak 9mm

imported post

lol, That sounds like fun! I think she's living at her parent's place too, but I'm not sure. If she is then she'd definitely notice, haha.

Carolina40

imported post

Panos1296

what is the street address of your restaurant? I'll yahoo directions...

(I live up by Concord Mills and am not that familiar with your part of town)

what are your weekend hours?

Drgong

imported post

Panos, I will be picking up a Model 15 in two weeks, might have to get my a sub to celebrate, and OC as well :cool:

vrwmiller

imported post

You should give discounts to anyone carrying a sidearm openly. Double it when they're not LEO.

If I lived down there, I gurantee that you would get a large portion of my business!

:celebrate

baxt3r

imported post

I go to the one on Eastway quite a bit and have seen one lady in there a few times OC'ing. Glad to know there are people out there that are friendly.