Thread: Political Rallies / Service Projects

Post imported post

Quote Originally Posted by Cadet Higham
    I'd like to take this moment to say how unlikely this is to happen in Utah because of the work that many people (utbagpiper, Clark Aposhian and others come to mind) do on the political level, and the work (PR)that most of us do on a personal level. Because we could play the "what if" scenarios out to infinity, it seems more logical to me to focus on the reality of the situation now. If we can help improve things by any little measure, we can potentiallyprevent ALL of the unwanted and undesirable "what-if's" from happening. By neglecting the current situation and focusing on what the future might bring, or the "what-if's", we would be sacrificing all of that opportunity and leaving the anti's in control.

Rather than discussing these what-if scenarios, why don't we do something to help progress our movement? Do a community service project? Meet with local officials? Contribute time to political campaigns? Write letters to representatives?

I originally came to this forum for information. I found that, and began looking for news such as, what to expect when you go here, places to avoid, and post my observations. This is turning away from that. I urge you all to think about this, and find something to do other than flame other members and quarrel among eachother. I would rather spend time learning of meaningful updates (what's going on with current legislation, WVC council meeting, LEO encounters, businesses prohibiting firearms/asking customers to leave, OC events/unevents,etc.) and about meetings/projects that I might be able to attend/assist with. While these what-if questions do provoke thought and debate, think about if that's what you would like to spend your time doing.
    Does anybody know of any projects or rallies that we could get involved in to help our PR?

Post imported post

I cannot pass up this opportunity for a shameless plug. My brother is running for state senate in district 5 and has a tough fight ahead of him. His opponent's campaign contributions are more than ten times what he has received and most of his expenses have come from his own pocket.

If you want a state senator that will fight for the rights of gun owners then do whatever you can to get him into office.

Post imported post

I thought about this service project Idea. Here is a Idea I want to throw out their. I call it guns in the park. Pioneer Park is still known for it's drugs and homeless a group called the gardian angels patrols this. I would suggest that maybe we could team up with them and walk the park OC'ing just a idea to get the Idea running
    Zach
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"

Post imported post

I thought about this service project Idea. Here is a Idea I want to throw out their. I call it guns in the park. Pioneer Park is still known for it's drugs and homeless a group called the gardian angels patrols this. I would suggest that maybe we could team up with them and walk the park OC'ing just a idea to get the Idea running
    Zach

Post imported post

Zach

Post imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
    I am not a cop, not security, not a vigilante, or even a guardian angel. If OC-ing deters a crime or get guns out into the public view so be it, but I won’t go do anything that the goal is using my gun to deter a crime. Cleaning up a highway, a canned food drive, collecting clothes/toys for poor kids, etc that is fine. These are activities I would do with any group I am a part of (church, scouts, or OC group) regardless if I carried a gun. I wouldn’t walk through a ‘dangerous’ park in hopes to deter crime with my church group, so I wouldn’t do it with my gun group either.