Thread: Finally convinced my parents and brother start carrying :D

Post imported post

Post imported post

Congratulations to your parents, your brother, and you.

Now, get everybody signed up with Grass Roots North Carolina www.grnc.org .

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Congratulations on your family's decision to protect themselves.

Post imported post

DHCruiser wrote:
    +1
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

LRS76251 wrote:
    Well, I've finally convinced my parents and my brother to start carrying a sidearm for protection. My younger brother is a very prominent banker in North Carolina and my parents are retired federal government employees. Its taken 15 years to get the three of them to apply for their CCW's but persistance pays off I guess. At one time or another, my family had totally mixed emotions towards carrying a gun for defense, in general. They thought that having them in the home was fine but carrying them outside the home was something that just wasn't done. Well, I had carried a gun for over 10 years legally before getting into federal law enforcement and I had constantly tried to convince my family that they should take their personal safety into consideration since us LE folks typically didn't show up on a crime scene until after the fact.
    I was on the phone today with my mom and to my surprise she told me that, after talking to me for so long about carrying firearms, she had finally opened up dialog with her friends and others regarding obtaining a CCW and that she was seriously considering carrying a gun for defense on a regular basis. My parents recently moved to a rather remote section of North Carolina for retirement and finally realized they are in the middle of nowhere when it comes to LE response. She also informed me that my Pop and my brother were going to get advanced training and apply for their CCW's as well. My entire family has been shooting for a very long time but it seems like I'm the only one that ever had a passion for it and I was hooked since the first time I shot a gun at age 6.
    Times change and this just goes to prove that good people will eventually take their personal safety responsibility seriously, and seeing gun crimes on tv only serves to encourage the right folks to do the right thing.
    Some folks on here may think I'm against them carrying their sidearms for defense but only the opposite is true. I'm VERY pro gun, just against stupid decisions. I believe most gun owners are responsible and seeing them with a gun doesn't bother me. It reminds me that most of the people carrying firearms outside of LE are good people...just like my own family!! So, that being the case, please realize that most LE officers don't view carrying a gun for defense in a negative manner.
    A big +1 on all of your remarks.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

DHCruiser wrote:
    +1
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

3 less sheep in the world, 3 more potential "victim selection errors" in the making.