• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cheap JHP ammo.

thx997303

imported post

So, as far as some inexpensive JHP, has anyone tested the Remington UMC, or the WWB for performance?

They're inexpensive, and are JHPs. Much better than FMJ any way you slice it.

But was wondering if they performed at all well.

xmirage2kx

imported post

They really dont serve a purpose. They dont expand as well as most others out there and are more money than FMJ so not great to plink with.It looks like they were just trying to save lead by drilling out the center and were like "Oh, looks like we made a HP round. Lets charge even more money for this"

41 Magnum

imported post

Like you said, they are much better than FMJ or plated. But they are slugs of dated design/construction.

Twoother drawbacks to the remington:

1. If you reload, the brass isn't very high quality.

2. That UMC stuff in my experience is DIRTY/FILTHY/MESSY.

thx997303

imported post

Well, I will be getting some better stuff soon enough, but in the interim, I figured they would be better than target ammo.

xmirage2kx

imported post

I am sure they will be. I would suggest investing in some better ammo when you get the chance. The best gun in the world is only as good as the ammo you shoot.