Thread: Jerry Lewis detained for carrying gun at airport

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSN2938528720080729

By Alex Dobuzinskis
    LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Comedian Jerry Lewis was detained by police in Las Vegas late last week when airport screeners found an unloaded gun in his baggage, authorities said on Tuesday.
    Lewis, 82, had a small .22-caliber handgun when he arrived at the security screening area on Friday at Las Vegas McCarran International Airport, said Officer Ramon Denby, a spokesman for the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department.
    The comedian was briefly detained and the gun was seized. Lewis was cited for carrying a concealed weapon without a permit, Denby said.
    Lewis, half of a wildly successful comedic duo with singer Dean Martin in the 1950s, was traveling to Mount Pleasant, Michigan, to perform a one-man show, a source close to the comedian said.
    A spokesman for Lewis, the star of the 1963 movie "The Nutty Professor" and the 1982 movie "The King of Comedy," could not immediately be reached for comment.
    The weapon was registered to Lewis and he will need to attend a court hearing to get it back, Denby said.
    Since 1966, Lewis has hosted an annual telethon to raise money for the Muscular Dystrophy Association. Last year, the telethon raised $63.8 million.
    (Reporting by Alex Dobuzinskis: Editing by Bob Tourtellotte)

Post imported post

I hope he didn’t expect special consideration because he's a celebrity and aging (nice way to say old). He should have done his homework before going to the airport with a gun.
    Im proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Post imported post

He must travel constantly. He MUST be aware of the rules. Additionally, I believe he's something of a gun enthusiast, because I've seen him talk about guns in interviews in the past. Sounds to me like it was probably an honest mistake. Mistakes can be made with airports if you are always flying. I certainly hope he doesn't get hassled too much, same as I would hope for anyone else if they make an honest to goodness accidental screw up.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Visiting MI next week. I wonder how it would be perceived If I take my m&P 9c in my carry-on. I’m sure I would do time, I’m sure he will get a hand slap, maybe fines to go along with. He’s a good man no doubt, but so am I.
    Im proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Post imported post

I don't remember now where I saw it, but I read one article that said that Lewis claimed it was not a real gun at all, but a showprop.