• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New 2 ocdo

drpayne

imported post

Hi Iam "B1ack5mith"s sister ( Travis White) I would like to know as much info as possible on Utah open carry laws...thankyou, Destiny

Utah_Patriot

imported post

Welcome to this fourm feel free to call me anytime if you would like to experience open carry around town. It is a good way to get use to the idea my Name is Zach 801-455-7227

thx997303

imported post

And Travis should be able to help. You know face to face style stuff.

Welcome to the forum.

Might I ask, for curiosity, What got you interested?

Was it Travis?

Bflamante

Campaign Veteran
imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
Purchase the book "Utah Gun Laws" by Mitch Vilos. It is the best $20 you will ever spend.
This is the best place to start. Get the book, read it twice, then come back with questions. The book will give you concrete legal examples and a better understanding of ALL Utah gun laws.

drpayne

imported post

Well I guess you could say Travis had a little to do with my interest in open carrying but not all...I lived in arizona two years, but before that, Los Angeles for 26 years. My theory is the more good people that open carry, the less attacks there will be attempted on us. Oh yeah, and I cant lie.....the stories of my brother being pulled over and harassed by cops over his gun....and him schooling them on the laws seem like something realy fun! Thanks for telling me about that book, I will buy it. Anyone have any suggestions on the right gun for me? I dont have the strongest of wrists....thanks! Destiny

Bflamante

Campaign Veteran
imported post

A lot of gun fit has to do with ergonomics. For example, I appreciate the quality of a Sig. However, my hand does not fit thier grip. Try as I have I still can not get used to thier grip, and therefore do not shoot a grip. A revolver can be quite enjoyable to shoot. Also the 1911 has the narrow profile that helps with those who have smaller hands. Your best bet is to pester anyone you know who has one to let you shoot their gun. Test drive as many as you can then decide. I presonally love the Kimber 1911's as well as a good smith and wesson revolver in 38 or 357.

scorpioajr

imported post

drpayne wrote:
Well I guess you could say Travis had a little to do with my interest in open carrying but not all...I lived in arizona two years, but before that, Los Angeles for 26 years. My theory is the more good people that open carry, the less attacks there will be attempted on us. Oh yeah, and I cant lie.....the stories of my brother being pulled over and harassed by cops over his gun....and him schooling them on the laws seem like something realy fun! Thanks for telling me about that book, I will buy it. Anyone have any suggestions on the right gun for me? I dont have the strongest of wrists....thanks! Destiny

I would suggest going to a gun store and holding as many guns as you can, not at the same time ofcourse:lol:. Don't let the counter personnell discourage you from shopping around.

thx997303

imported post

As far as your wrists, a revolver may be the best way to go, but most of the newer semi autos, and of course the 1911 don't have troubles with limpwristing (not holding the gun solid enough)

The only ones I have ever seen have a problem with this are the Beretta 92, and Glocks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsktLC-hzx4

This is a test for limpwristing, and as you can see, most will not be a problem.