• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry on Front Cover of Creative Loafing in Atlanta

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

Citizen wrote:
All kidding aside, I've become less worried about the details in the press stories.

Yes, some details are important; but not all are equally important. I think the vast majority of gun owners are smart enough to recognize that its not smart to draw your guns and lay them on the counter like your hat. Also, who would want to have to keep an eye on them to prevent theft?

I don't think the nervous-nellies are going to come away with the idea that people are going to suddenly leave guns lying about on tables and bars. They'll probably get all wrapped up in the presence of the gun, period. On a table or in a holster, it won't matter to them.
Yeah, not so worried about gun savy folk, I'm concerned about the non-gun savy folk.

The only thing that an OC uninitiated person is going to remember about that article is that pic.
The thought of someone OCing and plopping their gun on the counter will be what they take away from it.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
Citizen wrote:
All kidding aside, I've become less worried about the details in the press stories.

Yes, some details are important; but not all are equally important. I think the vast majority of gun owners are smart enough to recognize that its not smart to draw your guns and lay them on the counter like your hat. Also, who would want to have to keep an eye on them to prevent theft?

I don't think the nervous-nellies are going to come away with the idea that people are going to suddenly leave guns lying about on tables and bars. They'll probably get all wrapped up in the presence of the gun, period. On a table or in a holster, it won't matter to them.
Yeah, not so worried about gun savy folk, I'm concerned about the non-gun savy folk.

The only thing that an OC uninitiated person is going to remember about that article is that pic.
The thought of someone OCing and plopping their gun on the counter will be what they take away from it.

I understand.

I'm thinking the pro-gun, not-too-savvy-yet folks will figure it out pretty quick. And we can handle the rest. Just keep doing what we're doing. Anybody who squeaks, "Guns on tables in restaurants!" We just fire back, "Besides that journalist in Georgia who arranged his gun like that just for the photo, have you ever seen that in a restaurant?"Now that I think about it, the whiners are going to go after comments with more emotional impact: "Shootout in a restaurant! Caught in cross-fire! People fleeing!"

Plus maybe send a little note to the journalist saying he should print a correction to the effect that half the gun-owning world pointed out his arranged photo showed irresponsible gun handling.