• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

first open carry

whoopingllama

imported post

I finally OCed for the first time today. I had to run ahandful of errands, so it seemed like a good test run day. First, I went to the Home Depot in Denham, then Interstate electronics on Industriplex, then the Academy on Siegen, Acme refigeration on choctaw, and finally the bank (drive-thru). It was interesting. It was indeed way nicer not having to worry about making sure it stays concealed and out of sight.

It was also interesting in the sense that I was definitely nervous that I might have confrontation of some sort. Never happened. It almost seemed like no one even noticed. I know at least a few people noticed at Home Depot. But, that's it.

P.S.

I would like to thank everybody on this site. Everybody that posts seem to indeed be very intelligent and unafraid to stand up their rights and for what is right. It has been very encouraging to know that there are good and intelligent people in this state still.

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Congratulations on becoming a free man. Keep your eyes open for my white 1982 Honda Goldwing motorcycle. If you happen to see me tooling around the greater BR area, be sure to look me up.

imported post

whoopingllama wrote:
I finally OCed for the first time today.  I had to run ahandful of errands, so it seemed like a good test run day.  First, I went to the Home Depot in Denham, then Interstate electronics on Industriplex, then the Academy on Siegen, Acme refigeration on choctaw, and finally the bank (drive-thru).   It was interesting.  It was indeed way nicer not having to worry about making sure it stays concealed and out of sight. 

It was also interesting in the sense that I was definitely nervous that I might have confrontation of some sort.  Never happened.  It almost seemed like no one even noticed.  I know at least a few people noticed at Home Depot.  But, that's it. 

P.S.

I would like to thank everybody on this site.  Everybody that posts seem to indeed be very intelligent and unafraid to stand up their rights and for what is right.  It has been very encouraging to know that there are good and intelligent people in this state still.

Great job. It's good to see OCers who are concerned about just going about their daily business rather than the few who always seem to be trying for a confrontation

sraacke

imported post

Nolacopusmcismyhero wrote:
Great job. It's good to see OCers who are concerned about just going about their daily business rather than the few who always seem to be trying for a confrontation

Ok, You are new here and obviously came here to troll. If not then you would know that the majority of OCers are not out looking for confrontations. That said, many are attempting to spread the word that OC is legal and those who choose to OC should not be harrassed or treated differently than anyone else. It's no different than when you come across a situation where your CCW is not welcome. You can eaither chose to ignore it or change the situation.

Have a nice day.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Nolacopusmcismyhero wrote:
whoopingllama wrote:
It's a shame we don't hire professionals who refuse to create a confrontation. The Palace Guard at Buckingham Palace does his duty, completely indifferent to the various commotions of passersby.