• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question about Fobus paddle holsters for a small revolver.

Charlotte_resident

imported post

I just ordered a Fobus paddle-style holster for a small Taurus revolver I am going to be OC'ing with in the near future. Is this a pretty comforatble holster, and is it comfy when seated in a car? Can it be worn easily and comfortably with a nylon police-style duty belt?

Thanks,

Jeff S.

nova

imported post

Charlotte_resident wrote:
I just ordered a Fobus paddle-style holster for a small Taurus revolver I am going to be OC'ing with in the near future. Is this a pretty comforatble holster, and is it comfy when seated in a car? Can it be worn easily and comfortably with a nylon police-style duty belt?

Thanks,

Jeff S.

I have a Fobus paddle holster for my 4" Smith revolver. It is very comfortable, and I'm not even using a gun belt with it either. In my truck however I just remove the holster and put it in the spot I normally put it(a good area near the floor, built into the center console that's clearly visible from either side looking in, like I LEO would be). Either way I don't have ANY gun that is comfortable to wear while seated in my vehicle, so I don't even try anymore.

As for the holster, I'm very happy with mine. Heck, I'm wearing it right now...

When I don't OC my XD45acp in a SERPA, I OC this gun (SmithWesson 64-5 with Pachmayr Presentation grips) in the Fobus.

Charlotte_resident

imported post

Thanks. I just posted something about how I wear a duty belt as it is, but that's to carry my S&W 6 inch barrel .357, which is a sizeable gun. If the paddle holster (combined with my smaller Taurus snub) lets me leave the duty belt off, then so much the better. I'll report when it comes in.

BTW, given the choice, I would rather have a S&W four inch barrel .357 or .38, but the .357 was a gift to me, and I accepted it on the condition that I never sell or trade it. I will probably get the four inch barrel one day. Personally I like Taurus revolvers since they're well made enough (though certainly not as well as a Smith) and cheap. Plus I've never heard of a revolver jamming at the wrong time, which is, well, ANY time. And what the hell does anyone need more than 8 shots for? FBI stats say 95% of all gunfights take place at a range of ten feet and are over in two shots or less.

Thanks.

Jeff

nova

imported post

No problem. While I am very satisfied with this Smith, I only got it because a guy I know was selling it for a hundred bucks lower than what I've seen them go for at the gun show, and I wanted a revolver (since before then I've only owned semi-autos). I would have preferred a Ruger .357, or even a Smith .357, but at least I know that since my Smith is chambered for ONLY .38spl, I don't have to worry about any previous owners shooting a bunch of hot .357 though it and wearing it out :)