• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hi-point 9mm

OCwith1911

imported post

I was looking at a Hi-point C9 (9mm) today and was surprised at the price!($175). Does anyone know very much about these guns? Would i be getting enough "bang for my buck"? let me know what ya think. Thanks-CT

yo101jimmy

imported post

The slide is heavy its cast.

They are fun but when I got mine it wasn't that much so I would suggest not spending that its a throw away type of gun at least my option.

xRapidDavex

imported post

People say they are fun to shoot and have a great warranty. The warranty is great because you most likely need it (so I have heard). Personally, it looks too bulky for me to carry everyday but I wouldn't be opposed to shooting one.

thx997303

imported post

I have to advocate it?

It's a good reliable gun, that requires a little breaking in.

I've put about 500 rounds through a heavily used Hi-point CF .380, and have only had to replace the firing pin.

Turns out it was my fault it broke, Oops.

Anyway, they are good and reliable.

Though I would save up and get something better if possible.

yo101jimmy

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
I have to advocate it?

It's a good reliable gun, that requires a little breaking in.

I've put about 500 rounds through a heavily used Hi-point CF .380, and have only had to replace the firing pin.

Turns out it was my fault it broke, Oops.

Anyway, they are good and reliable.

Though I would save up and get something better if possible.
its better than throwing rocks! but maybe a spear has it beat :banghead::banghead:

yo101jimmy

imported post

my mom had a 9 and a 380 shot them and well, I knew how it would handle after a 100 rounds. :lol:

This is why I still think Glocks have a chance :celebrate

xRapidDavex

imported post

To be fair, the glock i fired never had that problem when used appropriately.

thx997303

imported post

Well yes, when used appropriately. But this is limpwristing. IMO, it's not a big deal, I'm just being anti-glock.

They're not a bad gun, I just don't like how some people think that Glocks are the answer to all gun problems.

So I make fun of them.

xRapidDavex

imported post

True, and I hate those fanatics. But that video is limp wristing to the extreme. If your wrist allows the gun to move that much, you should go to the hospital.

yo101jimmy

imported post

No my only comment towards Glocks are that I cant hit with them. lol I am a great shot but Glocks I just cant shoot. but I only shot maybe 40 rounds

Back to High point they are fun for plinkers but I would stick with the 1911 like in your name :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

ainokea

imported post

My opinion is if you don't have a carry gun and $175 is all you can afford buy a Hi-point it is better than not having a gun. But, if you already have a carry gun and are looking for an additional carry gun I would personally save my moneyfor a "better" made gun.

xmirage2kx

imported post

They are good for the price. I wouldn't get one to carry instead of another gun, but it makes a good plinker or truck gun (that gun you throw under your seat and forget about it). I have one and it is great for taking camping, while dirtbike riding, etc (the places you could get your pretty 1911 dirty or scratched).

mazellan819

imported post

I had a Hi-Point .40. It was good. It did need a good break in period then it was flawless. Not the most accurate but I could still get all 10 rounds in an 8x11 sheet of paper at 25 ft. 175 for a C9 is a rip off. Cal Ranch sells them for a little over 100. When I bought my .40 I paid 113 out the door.