• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Firearm Safety Course

richarcm

imported post

I have a 3 day weekend starting tomorrow and would love to fill part of it by taking a safety course. I'd enjoy taking the course plus I'd like to get that step out of the way so that I can apply for the CC permit.

Does anyone know of anything going on this weekend? Specifics would be great.

Thanks!

RedKnightt

imported post

I don't know of any in your area, but you might call your local gun ranges to see if anyone is offering anything this weekend. You could also do a google search for local NRA instructors or firearms training. I believe ProShooter is in Richmond. <checks ProShooters profile> Yep.

http://Www.ProactiveShooters.com

You should send him a PM or see if he responds to this thread.

<paging ProShooter. ProShooter, you have a call on the white courtesy phone.>

--RedKnightt--

Zombie Squad has it right: “We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything.”

richarcm

imported post

possumboy wrote:
Guns and Ammo in Manassas has one this weekend.

Thanks! I signed up with them today for Saturday. They were helpful when I bought my gun there so they've got my business again.

RedKnightt

imported post

richarcm wrote:
possumboy wrote:
Guns and Ammo in Manassas has one this weekend.

Thanks! I signed up with them today for Saturday. They were helpful when I bought my gun there so they've got my business again.

Sweet! Don't forget to come back and give us an after-action report on the training. Tell us all the nice things they say about Open Carrying :lol:

--RedKnightt--

Zombie Squad has it right: “We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything.”