• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A bit of Open Carry in OK

akpoff

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'm in Tulsa visiting family. I saw a guy at the local Starbucks wearing a nice shirt (tie and slacks as well) with a huge Glock on his hip. He had a really nice badge on his belt as well.

Too bad Oklahoma, like Texas where I live, allow law enforcement to carry openly but the rest of us need a license and even then can only carry concealed.

Before coming I spoke with an attorney here in OK before setting out on our drive up to know what the gun laws. I'm still waiting for my CHL so not surprisingly there's little I can do. My handgun has to be unloaded and locked up in the trunk (or in my case, a gun safe since I drive a truck).

I asked the attorney what he thought about the chances of OC passing OK. He wasn't optimistic at all.

Any opinions from those on the front lines here?

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

akpoff wrote:
I asked the attorney what he thought about the chances of OC passing OK. He wasn't optimistic at all.
I wouldn't let one man's opinion discourage me from trying to change things. I'll bet a lot of Florida attorneys weren't "optimistic" about seeing a concealed carry law in 1987, but Marion Hammer knew better. :p

akpoff

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
akpoff wrote:
I wouldn't let one man's opinion discourage me from trying to change things. I'll bet a lot of Florida attorneys weren't "optimistic" about seeing a concealed carry law in 1987, but Marion Hammer knew better. :p
I agree 100%. Since I don't live in OK anymore I was asking folks I know who do live there what they thought.