Thread: CCW COST??

Post imported post

what was the application fee, and what was the ground total of everything you had to pay for in order to receive it?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

$75 Fee + $42 for prints. $117 Total. Here's the link.

Post imported post

Post imported post

How many different answers do you want to the same question?

The application fee is $117 (as stated in two other threads) which includes the fingerprint fee, and hasn't change in years (used to be $165). What your local LE office charges for fingerprints is up to them (I'm never had to pay for it). Cost of a 'class' is at the mercy of an instructor of your choosing.

You've been given the link to the application process at least twice.
    Director,
    Florida Carry, Inc.

Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife.
    -Justice Oliver Wendel Holmes
    Brown v. United States, 1921

Post imported post

In addition to the $117, you'll need proof of training. If you have no LE or Military background, a hunters education class will fit the bill. Also, you can pay less for prints if you do them electronically. Some sheriff's offices have the ability to take them that way, instead of the old-fashioned card. It also speeds up the process of getting your permit.

Otherwise, lots there are lots of places to acquire the required training. Most gun shows have a CWP class. There is a company here: http://www.equip2conceal.com/ that does classes. Any range will likely offer classes as well. I've found the gun show class to be the cheapest, yet still adequate class.

Post imported post

Yeah, a family friend said those gun shows are the best place to do it, cheaper and they get it all done at once.

I just hear different prices from people on the web, then people in person. Called the Sheriff's office and talked to them yesterday, they have the electronic fingerprint machine! So that is cool.

Post imported post

If you do your background check online it will save you some cash and it will speed up the waited time.I received mine in about 5 weeks or so.