• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCW COST??

rvrctyrngr

imported post

How many different answers do you want to the same question?

The application fee is $117 (as stated in two other threads) which includes the fingerprint fee, and hasn't change in years (used to be $165). What your local LE office charges for fingerprints is up to them (I'm never had to pay for it). Cost of a 'class' is at the mercy of an instructor of your choosing.

You've been given the link to the application process at least twice.

gextyr

imported post

In addition to the $117, you'll need proof of training. If you have no LE or Military background, a hunters education class will fit the bill. Also, you can pay less for prints if you do them electronically. Some sheriff's offices have the ability to take them that way, instead of the old-fashioned card. It also speeds up the process of getting your permit.

Otherwise, lots there are lots of places to acquire the required training. Most gun shows have a CWP class. There is a company here: http://www.equip2conceal.com/ that does classes. Any range will likely offer classes as well. I've found the gun show class to be the cheapest, yet still adequate class.

Dr.Coy

imported post

Yeah, a family friend said those gun shows are the best place to do it, cheaper and they get it all done at once.

I just hear different prices from people on the web, then people in person. Called the Sheriff's office and talked to them yesterday, they have the electronic fingerprint machine! So that is cool.

bluelinewalker2

imported post

If you do your background check online it will save you some cash and it will speed up the waited time.I received mine in about 5 weeks or so.:D