• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man decapitates passenger next to him on bus.

FightingGlock19

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
catass wrote:
skidmark wrote:
Canadians are indoctrinated to not offer resistance.
Sadly, the same thing can be said for the United States. Look at how children are told by teacher to deal with active shooters. Look at how people would rather post their cell phone video on YouTube than help save a life.
Look at 9/11. Airline passengers.

I will be more than happy to admit there are a number of citizens that will stand up for the right, however, the ones that won't outnumber us.

Look at Boston(?), where the man was hit by a hit and run driver. They later announced standers-by called 911, but nobody could drag him out of the street?

Look at the Omaha Mall Shooting, people scattered and ran scared. Who took the active shooter out?

PT111

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
Okay, you know, unless this was a small bus, it was nowhere near full. 32 passengers is not that many. They could have easily got to him, and even though you may not know much about combat, most people know that if you choke someone, you have control.
If i read correctly there were 39 people on the bus. The standard bus carries 54 some less andsome afew more. 37 people tying get out of a bus means all kindsofcommotion. I just don't see everyone calmly waiting for you to get into your Weaver stance and take careful aim.

Jared

imported post

jdoe wrote:
We can't fault the passengers for doing what they did. We don't know what really went down and how fast it might have happened. It was probably best that the attacker was so distracted with his victim that everyone else was able to escape unharmed.

On the gun control thing Canadians are waking up to the fact that their government has been lying to them about the effectiveness of gun control, gun registration and so on to reduce crime.

From youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XOmUXycDPs

Rex Murphy "Point of View" on CBC National News targets the useless Canadian Gun Registry which has been a boondoggle of gigantic proportions, a comedy of errors and cost overruns and has done nothing to solve the ever rising gun violence in major Canadian cities.

Check out this Canadian girl's pro gun videos http://www.youtube.com/user/kateysfirearmsfacts

The Canadians are starting to wake up and realize that their government lied to them when it said give us your guns and you'll be safe. Canadians want their guns back and they want them for self defense.

I strongly disagree. Canadians are not waking up. Even before 1989 when the gun laws in Canada were no where near as bad as they are today. Self defense was not generally accepted as a reason to own a handgun.

They are upset about the cost of the gun registration and how it has not helped in lowering the crime rate.

The thing people seem to misunderstand is that Canada, the U.K. (except Northern Ireland) and Australia were not like Nevada, then all of a sudden a gun ban came along. It was very difficult and almost impossible (situation unchanged) to have a gun for self defense and to have a carry license back then. That's why it was easy to tighten gun laws, because those that had guns mostly had them for sports or as a tool, not for self defense.

As far as an LEO being on the bus. Very few police departments in Canada allow for off duty carry. They must obtain a Gun License and an ATC just like everyone else. There are about 50 to 100 ATC's out there that are unrestricted, the people that have them would not be riding a bus.

mvpel

imported post

"Do not stand idly by while your neighbor's blood is shed." - Leviticus 19:16.

There are things worse than suffering serious injury or death, and one of those things, I think, is wondering for the rest of your life whether you could have saved another person's life instead of fleeing to save your own.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

mvpel wrote:
"Do not stand idly by while your neighbor's blood is shed." - Leviticus 19:16.

There are things worse than suffering serious injury or death, and one of those things, I think, is wondering for the rest of your life whether you could have saved another person's life instead of fleeing to save your own.
I believe that this would apply only to those individuals who have a conscience.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It's impossible to blame the passengers - I wasn't there. It's impossible for me to know how I would react to that situation (as an unarmed Canadian). That's why a carry a gun - armed, I know exactly how I would react, and it would only take one empty bouncing off the floor to accomplish.