Thread: What laws need to be changed?

Post imported post

Ok guys and Gals. What gun laws would you like changed in the state of Arkansas?

Here is what I want.

1.Open Carry Legal

2. Public Gathering gone.

3. Price of a CHL dropped WAY down.

Add what you want. I know Arkansas already has an group the wants to change the laws, but from what I have seen they are not very effective. I think there needs to be a stronger, more effective group. If you would like to help me start a better Gun Rights Org. in Arkansas please contact me.

gruntpain1775@yahoo.com

HAPPY PACKING!

Post imported post

If you're going to try to push something, why push lower fees of CCW issuance when you could push to abolish permitting requirements for CC?

Post imported post

Gruntpain1775--When I took my CCW class, the instructor said the fees Arkansas is charging is a BIG CASH COW, making over $One million $$$ for the state. So don't expect them to be dropping the fee anytime soon. Just my humble opinion

Post imported post

Someone could run for office.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

As far as the cost are concerned I had to pay $144 to the state and $75 for the 8hr. course. That was in August of '07. The law says the directorhas 120 days to approve or deny an application. It was like 8 months before I got mine. After 120 days I called the ASPand they said they needed more fingerprints so my instructor took 2 more sets and I sent them off. Note I had to call them to find out what was needed. I never heard one request.In Arkansas If they cant read 3 print cards they must make a decision on any other info on the applicant. Finally i got it all taken care of, but it was a huge pain.

Post imported post

It took me about 5 weeks to get mine. I just kept calling the Cpl in charge there and hounding them, so maybe that helped. On the training note, when it comes time to renew the CHCL unless I am reading it wrong you have to take the firearms class again?

Post imported post

Yeah, you DO have to take the class again to re-new the license.