Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: MAN WITH GUN TRAINGIN VIDEO

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St Helens, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    340

    Post imported post

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK1xT...eature=related

    3:33 "man with gun" of course he is either an officer or takes another person hostage.




    lmao, in almost every scenario someone comes out of the woodwork shooting. exactly like real life





  2. #2
    Regular Member VAopencarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The 'Dena, Mаяуlaпd
    Posts
    2,147

    Post imported post

    Kinda scary training video. Everyone scenerio has gun fire. So what does that plant in the recruits mind?? hmmm....
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

  3. #3
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Posts
    839

    Post imported post

    Of course, any citizen with a gun is waiting to shoot at cops.

    I have a feeling that our little training bulletins that end up in officers mailboxes are going to do little at countering this kind training.

  4. #4
    Regular Member thx997303's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lehi, Utah, USA
    Posts
    2,716

    Post imported post

    That is ridiculous.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    678

    Post imported post

    ridiculous videos.
    I'm sure a random party will end in gunfire, as well as a man with a gun in his waistband.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hodgenville, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    1,261

    Post imported post

    Very Poorly Made Video. No sense at all.:shock:

  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Posts
    839

    Post imported post

    Well, it appeared to be an ad for a dry fire type training system. I wonder how many PDs are using this. Basically the training amounts to shoot anyone with a gun unless they might be a cop.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Johnny Law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Puget Sound, ,
    Posts
    462

    Post imported post

    JDriver1.8t wrote:
    ridiculous videos.
    I'm sure a random party will end in gunfire, as well as a man with a gun in his waistband.
    These aren't training videos. They are scenarios that are projected onto a screen by a system called FATS. The officer is standing about 20' in front of a large screen and has a simulated handgun that is wired to the fats computer. The scenarios can play out one of two ways. They can be influenced by the Officer's actions, or the FATS operator can decide how they will progress. These are not "videos" as the actions of the "characters" on the screen can change, meaning there can be numerous turns of events during any given scenario. For example; When contacted,a character may stop whatever he is doing and be compliant, or he may produce a weapon, and shoot at the Officer. Each scenario has the capability to play out several different ways.

    The purpose of this training is to prepare the Officer for the worst case scenario, hence the majority of them will likely end with gunfire. The Machine will register where the Officer's "bullets" struck, and only vital area hits will halt the bg's gunfire. We use this training all the time, and it is a real eye opener. It teaches shooting under stress, and getting good hits quickly. There's an old adagethat goes; he who gets the first hitwill likelywin the gunfight.

    If you've never been in a gunfight, consider yourself fortunate. If you ever get into one, you'll be damn glad ifyou ever had this type oftraining. As an oc'er, you don't have criminals who specifically target you for death. Some of the people (criminals)out there don't like the Police, andwould likenothing more than to kill them. This is what is in the back of any good Officer's mind all day long while on shift, and it's what keeps you safe and alive.

    If you have to fight, do not fear death. We will all die one day, so fight skillfully and bravely! And if it is to be that you die, then at least go to God proudly. Meet him as the proud warrior that you are, and not as a sniveling coward. Nobody lives forever.

  9. #9
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Posts
    839

    Post imported post

    Johnny Law wrote:
    JDriver1.8t wrote:
    ridiculous videos.
    I'm sure a random party will end in gunfire, as well as a man with a gun in his waistband.
    These aren't training videos. They are scenarios that are projected onto a screen by a system called FATS. The officer is standing about 20' in front of a large screen and has a simulated handgun that is wired to the fats computer. The scenarios can play out one of two ways. They can be influenced by the Officer's actions, or the FATS operator can decide how they will progress. These are not "videos" as the actions of the "characters" on the screen can change, meaning there can be numerous turns of events during any given scenario. For example; When contacted,a character may stop whatever he is doing and be compliant, or he may produce a weapon, and shoot at the Officer. Each scenario has the capability to play out several different ways.

    The purpose of this training is to prepare the Officer for the worst case scenario, hence the majority of them will likely end with gunfire. The Machine will register where the Officer's "bullets" struck, and only vital area hits will halt the bg's gunfire. We use this training all the time, and it is a real eye opener. It teaches shooting under stress, and getting good hits quickly. There's an old adagethat goes; he who gets the first hitwill likelywin the gunfight.

    If you've never been in a gunfight, consider yourself fortunate. If you ever get into one, you'll be damn glad ifyou ever had this type oftraining. As an oc'er, you don't have criminals who specifically target you for death. Some of the people (criminals)out there don't like the Police, andwould likenothing more than to kill them. This is what is in the back of any good Officer's mind all day long while on shift, and it's what keeps you safe and alive.
    So is there any situation in this training where the officer sees a gun and doesn't get shot at? Other than when it's another cop of course. Seems to me like it's training cops to assume any citizen with a gun is wanting to shoot them.

  10. #10
    Regular Member thx997303's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lehi, Utah, USA
    Posts
    2,716

    Post imported post

    Yep, for all of the other scenarios, there were four outcomes, for the man with a gun, there were only two.

    Military uses a similar system, only with M4s, and combat scenarios. Really nice simulator. I enjoy it thoroughly.

    Even cycles the action on the weapons with compressed air. Really nice system.


  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St Helens, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    340

    Post imported post

    thx997303 wrote:
    Yep, for all of the other scenarios, there were four outcomes, for the man with a gun, there were only two.

    Military uses a similar system, only with M4s, and combat scenarios. Really nice simulator. I enjoy it thoroughly.

    Even cycles the action on the weapons with compressed air. Really nice system.

  12. #12
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974

    Post imported post

    Johnny Law wrote:
    JDriver1.8t wrote:
    ridiculous videos.
    I'm sure a random party will end in gunfire, as well as a man with a gun in his waistband.
    These aren't training videos. They are scenarios that are projected onto a screen by a system called FATS. The officer is standing about 20' in front of a large screen and has a simulated handgun that is wired to the fats computer. The scenarios can play out one of two ways. They can be influenced by the Officer's actions, or the FATS operator can decide how they will progress. These are not "videos" as the actions of the "characters" on the screen can change, meaning there can be numerous turns of events during any given scenario. For example; When contacted,a character may stop whatever he is doing and be compliant, or he may produce a weapon, and shoot at the Officer. Each scenario has the capability to play out several different ways.

    The purpose of this training is to prepare the Officer for the worst case scenario, hence the majority of them will likely end with gunfire. The Machine will register where the Officer's "bullets" struck, and only vital area hits will halt the bg's gunfire. We use this training all the time, and it is a real eye opener. It teaches shooting under stress, and getting good hits quickly. There's an old adagethat goes; he who gets the first hitwill likelywin the gunfight.

    If you've never been in a gunfight, consider yourself fortunate. If you ever get into one, you'll be damn glad ifyou ever had this type oftraining. As an oc'er, you don't have criminals who specifically target you for death. Some of the people (criminals)out there don't like the Police, andwould likenothing more than to kill them. This is what is in the back of any good Officer's mind all day long while on shift, and it's what keeps you safe and alive.
    I've seen some news programs on those type systems or maybe even that one. Looked like a great simulator and I wish I had that type of training available. Bet you learn a bunch doing the simulations.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •