• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC OK in Morgan County?

Shadow Walker

imported post

Hi all,

I'm planning to move to Morgan County in the next couple of months, probably Gravios Mills, Lurie or Versailles. Does anybody here know of the OC laws in those communities? An MO CCW is not an option for me as I'm not yet a US citizen: British by birth, Southern by nature. :cool:

I have a PA CCW currently, but that's not gonna help me.

captainamerica

imported post

That's some very rural laid back country areas that you listed. I'd guess they don't prohibit OC but be sure and get copies of firearms rules (if existent). BTW, does PA still offer OOS residents a license? And doesn't FL offer something for non-US citizens?

Shadow Walker

imported post

I have since found out that Versailles have taken their gun laws directly from the MO statutes, so I'm OK in that town. I had an interesting conversation with one of the guys who works in Pistols Plus in Osage Beach who told me that OC is illegal in MO and then changed his story and said it was OK "in the county". So misinformation is rampant (what's new).

The place we found to live is very rural, so the conventional wisdom is that we probably won't have any problems in the unlikely event of bumping into LEO.

As far as PA is concerned, they don't issue OOS LTCF's to residents of states that have their own CCW. My LTCF is valid for the next 4 years, and depending on what is considered valid, I may be OK for awhile. The plan is to become a citizen in the next couple of years and then I'll be OK to get an MO CCW. It's all a matter of $$$.

Article1section23

imported post

Shadow Walker wrote:
I have since found out that Versailles have taken their gun laws directly from the MO statutes, so I'm OK in that town.
The place we found to live is very rural

As far as PA is concerned,My LTCF is valid for the next 4 years,
Shadow, very nice area you will be moving to. Your PA permit will be good in MO, until it expires. I don't check these pages like I used to, but if you have a specific question, shoot me a PM.

Shadow Walker

imported post

[/quote]
Shadow,  very nice area you will be moving to.  Your PA permit will be good in MO, until it expires.  I don't check these pages like I used to, but if you have a specific question, shoot me a PM.
[/quote]

Thanks much, Shawn.