• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Beware Obamas So called change

DEROS72

imported post

Barack Obama`s 10 Point Plan to "Change" The Second Amendment

obamahead.jpg

by Wayne LaPierre

NRA Executive Vice President

For the Brady Campaign, Violence Policy Center, Dianne Feinstein, Chuck Schumer, U.N. gun-ban extremist Rebecca Peters and her globalist billionaire sugar-daddy George Soros, for New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and his horde of big-city politicians—in fact, for all those individuals and organizations who would harm or destroy our Second Amendment rights—Barack Obama’s mantra of “change” means their agenda will be harnessed to the total power of an aggressive, activist and radical federal government.

“Change” means gun owners will be under siege like never before.

Especially for NRA members who fought through the never-ending threats of the Clinton-Gore administration, the understanding of “change” must be the driving force for us to get other gun owners to the polls. This election is critically important. We cannot afford to have any friend of the Second Amendment sit it out, regardless of the reason.

We all know gun owners who are disillusioned with politics. Those influenced by talk of four years of “progressives” in power coalescing a united conservative movement must be reminded that this November, we are not just electing a president, we are electing an entire government.

With Obama’s emphasis on grassroots organizing, his administration will be a government redesigned and realigned to stay in power. It will be a government converted into a political machine. And with a so-called “progressive” majority in both houses of Congress, there will be little to stop that power shift.

When Obama talks about “change,” the gun-banners at the Violence Policy Center and the Brady Campaign know exactly what change they want—inside power. And they’ll likely get it.

obamachange.jpg

Michelle Obama, in a politically charged college campaign speech in California, defined her husband’s meaning of “change”:

“Barack Obama ... is going to demand that you shed your cynicism. That you put down your division. That you come out of your isolation. That you move out of your comfort zones ... Barack will never allow you to go back to your lives as usual ...”.

As NRA members, this statement doesn’t bode well for our future. Our “lives as usual” means the daily exercise of our freedom.

And what of “cynicism”? It is the very basis of Americans’ long history of questioning government power and its abuse. It is the basis of challenging dissembling politicians. Cynicism is the key to seeing through politicians like Obama and Hillary Clinton, who falsely wrap themselves in the Second Amendment while espousing dangerous programs for civil disarmament.

And “division”? As NRA members, our “division” from the likes of Obama means we stand together and fight every day against those who would destroy the bedrock principles that have made our country the freest in the world. Divisiveness is the basis of our democratic institutions. Division based on principle is a noble thing.

“Comfort zone”? What about the life, liberty and pursuit of happiness guaranteed by the Declaration of Independence? That is the real “comfort zone” of all Americans. We are the only nation on earth built on the principle of “pursuit of happiness.” That means we do not serve government; it serves us.

The “change” Obama and his close allies—like George Soros’ Moveon.org —seek is a complete regime change driven by a radical political agenda. For the nation’s gun owners, “change” will take the form of many steps back to the bad old days of the Clinton-Gore years or the Jimmy Carter years, when bureaucrats in a dozen agencies were relentless in their schemes to press a hostile presidential agenda against gun ownership.

For gun owners, “change” could well mean an erosion of hard-fought reforms and hard-fought protections we have secured over the years. Those reforms represent battles won by gun owners led by NRA since the founding of the Institute for Legislative Action in 1975.

“Change” means removing the restrictions we secured against the Consumer Product Safety Commission from exercising a bureaucratic ban on firearms or ammunition based on phony “consumer hazard” criteria. This is something the Brady Campaign and the Violence Policy Center have vainly sought for years.

... we are not just electing a president, we are electing an entire government

jbone

imported post

This man andwife are very dangerousto the great American Way of Life, Freedom! They’ll do to our constitution what a meter did to the Dino’s.

America,do not vote for Obama!

DEROS72

imported post

They are puppets of George Soros.It won,t be only our 2nd ammendment rights.He will take apart all aspects of our freedoms.The constitution means nothing to them.He is an elitist that thinks he knows best and will lead this country into a totalitarian state.Also take notice of the hoards that follow him as the German peoplefollowed Hitlerin the 30's.There is a striking resemblance in watching the films of that era in Germanyand the clips of Obama's campaign.

No respect for the Flag or those who have died for what it stands for.He didn,t even visit the troops when he went to Iraq.

DEROS72

imported post

Our 2 candidates in their earlier years...HMMMM? Wolf in sheeps clothing perhaps!!We had better hold on to our guns poeple because we may need them.!!!

irfner

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I posted this on another thread but perhaps it fits better here.

There is a broader problem with discussion on the second amendment. In the constitution the term 'the people' always refers to rights of individual citizens. If the court rules that "the people' is a collective term for the second amendment then itcould bea collective term everywhere else. So freedom of speech etc. could be viewed as a collective right available only to specific groups not an individual one.

There is in this country a means to change the constitution. The left knowing they would fail at that hopes to impose change (Obama) through the courts and legislation. Andthey won't stop at the second amendment. They will use treaties and the UN to help redefine the constitution.

DEROS72

imported post

Precisley..Our 2a would be only the begining.There is a concerted effort by the un to force the US to adopt it's anti gun policies.And we have seen the results of policies upon the populations disarmed by the un.

155gr

imported post

I agree.

If Obama gets into office, he's going to do everything he can to be sure your gun rights are in the toilet. Open carry will be a quaint idea of the past, as will legal concealed carry. You won't even be able to own a gun if he has his way.

I was unhappy enough about McCain's positions on several issues that I was planning not to vote at all. Senator Obama cured me of that pretty fast. I'm voting for McCain.

DEROS72

imported post

There are some of McCains polocies I don,t nessesarily agree with either.But he will most deffinatly be the better president.And by the way If I were ever to see a blue helmeted UN soldier on American soil it would be all out war . On an unpresendented scale .I was in Vietnam and was in 2 major gunfights before I turned 19 .I am 55 now but still have one more fight left in me and this is it.!!!

jbone

imported post

All that has been fought for and all that have died fightingfor will be meaningless and lost underan Obama rule. “Danger Will Robinson”[/i]

DEROS72

imported post

Absolutley right jbone.From the time of the continental army to the recent history of American men and women standing up for our freedoms and that of others .Thier sacrifices will have been in vain under Obama.He has every intention of establishing a facious regime.

jbone

imported post

He should frighten ever single American; he needs to be exposed for who isand what he stands for. I hope someone can pull the mask from his face for all to see, and expose him for who he really is and what he stands for (the destruction of the American Way Of Life).

DEROS72

imported post

Not to mention police raids to disarm honest citizens.I hark back to 05 katrina the new orleans ,gestapo when the were kicking in doors to take guns away and didn't even go after the looters or the bad guys actually doing the shooting.

jarhead1911A

imported post

Well i dont like either one of those lying bastards but if they want my guns then i have only 1 question..............

Do you want my 45 ammo or my naggant ammo first?

DEROS72

imported post

As they say jarhead. If they come to get my guns,they had better bring theirs...

jarhead1911A

imported post

YUP i will need more guns an ammo after they recieve all of my ammo......:cool:And they will be nice enough to bring them right to my door step. How cool is that?

DEROS72

imported post

They even have to watch out for my cat ,he's a little upset about this as well.....

Triple Tap

imported post

• Ok for states & cities to determine local gun laws. (Apr 2008)
  • FactCheck: Yes, Obama endorsed Illinois handgun ban. (Apr 2008)
  • Respect 2nd Amendment, but local gun bans ok. (Feb 2008)
  • Provide some common-sense enforcement on gun licensing. (Jan 2008)
  • 2000: cosponsored bill to limit purchases to 1 gun per month. (Oct 2007)
  • Concealed carry OK for retired police officers. (Aug 2007)
  • Stop unscrupulous gun dealers dumping guns in cities. (Jul 2007)
  • Keep guns out of inner cities--but also problem of morality. (Oct 2006)
  • Bush erred in failing to renew assault weapons ban. (Oct 2004)
  • Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions. (Jul 1998)
  • Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)
His record to date.

Holo

imported post

My God. A lot of misinformation in this thread.

Don't just parrot lines you hear from other people. Actually do your own research and don't jump to conclusions. If your guns are more important to you than the economy, getting our children home from war, and our looming energy crisis, you shouldn't be voting anyway. Don't vote on one issue, see the entire candidate before making decisions.

Those anti-Obama images are both absolutely ******* retarded. I don't even have the energy right now to say anything other than do your research. Don't act like an uneducated simp.

This isn't about Obama or McCain for me. I just respect you guys and want you to make informed decisions. Without doing your own research, you're that person that sends around e-mails warning people not to get waterproof suntan lotion in their eyes or telling people they can pop popcorn and open door locks with their cellphones.