Thread: Console Vault

Post imported post

Since I just applied for my CCW a couple days ago, I figured I should get some protection for my gun when I have to leave it in the truck. If you drive a truck/SUV, this may be something you want to look into. It's a tad bit on the expensive side, but it's worth knowing your gun is safe in your vehicle.

Check them out at http://www.consolevault.com

Post imported post

I've got one of these: http://www.center-of-mass.com/

It's bolted to my truck so it's not going anywhere, but they supply a cable for easier mounting. I don't expect itto withstand a nuclear blast, but it's good for securing my weapon when I can't bring it with me (visits to Post Office, court house etc.). A determined thief with the right tools will be able to break into it, but I'm hoping that it'll present enough of a challenge that the thief will move on. And it's much cheaper than the other product you posted

The medium size one fits an XD Service and a spare mag.

Post imported post

Yeah, that's alot cheaper than what I posted. I got mine at a discount from a different forum that I am involved in. But, I'd much rather have it readily accessible from the drivers seat and I didn't want to have to deal with anything visable to the outside. It's a pretty awesome idea and one of the first products I've seen developed for specific consoles. I will take some pictures when I install it either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Post imported post

unless there's metal detectors, mine goes with me
    Quote Originally Posted by Open Carry.org Member View Post
    I really disgree with this one! That means that we can have any yahoo running around with a gun with out the proper training. This really scares the hell out of me. Just my two-cents!
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasMustang View Post
    Joe Schmedlap out there with a loaded weapon thinking he's going to deter crime and he's not even trained to fire his weapon safely just kinda makes my hair on the back of my neck stand up.