• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Console Vault

GlockPDX

imported post

Since I just applied for my CCW a couple days ago, I figured I should get some protection for my gun when I have to leave it in the truck. If you drive a truck/SUV, this may be something you want to look into. It's a tad bit on the expensive side, but it's worth knowing your gun is safe in your vehicle.

Check them out at http://www.consolevault.com

eyesopened

imported post

I've got one of these: http://www.center-of-mass.com/

It's bolted to my truck so it's not going anywhere, but they supply a cable for easier mounting. I don't expect itto withstand a nuclear blast, but it's good for securing my weapon when I can't bring it with me (visits to Post Office, court house etc.). A determined thief with the right tools will be able to break into it, but I'm hoping that it'll present enough of a challenge that the thief will move on. And it's much cheaper than the other product you posted ;)

The medium size one fits an XD Service and a spare mag.

GlockPDX

imported post

Yeah, that's alot cheaper than what I posted. I got mine at a discount from a different forum that I am involved in. But, I'd much rather have it readily accessible from the drivers seat and I didn't want to have to deal with anything visable to the outside. It's a pretty awesome idea and one of the first products I've seen developed for specific consoles. I will take some pictures when I install it either Tuesday or Wednesday.