Thread: stopped by an officer

Post imported post

Do you let him remove from my holster or draw it out and give it to him butt first,or can he just look for a loaded chamber indicator.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Dave1947 wrote:
    Do you let him remove from my holster or draw it out and give it to him butt first,or can he just look for a loaded chamber indicator.
    I can't imagine too many cops are going to pass up the opportunity to also run the serial number.

I'm betting they want to remove it from the holster.

Definitely let him take it, rather than hand it to him. In the presence of a cop, do not reach towards your gun.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

The officer will likely tell you what they want. I think most will instructyou to interlace your fingers behind your head while they disarm you. It's entirely likely some officers will handcuff you while they remove your firearm, but that didn't happen to me.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

State Researcher

Post imported post

Even if they asked me nicely I wouldn't hand them my firearm. There are two very good reasons for this:

1. They could shoot you and very easily get away with it. It wouldn't be the first time a cop shot someone who was complying with their orders... (Anybody remember the So Cal cop telling the guy repeatedly to stand up then shooting him as soon as he moved?)

2. It indicates consent. I never give consent for any searches. I don't recommend resisting the unconstitutional searches you may endure, but don't help them.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

i remember that, it was San Bernardino Sherrif. HORRIBLE. here's the link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJASMpyhYMc

CA_Libertarian wrote:
    Even if they asked me nicely I wouldn't hand them my firearm. There are two very good reasons for this:

1. They could shoot you and very easily get away with it. It wouldn't be the first time a cop shot someone who was complying with their orders... (Anybody remember the So Cal cop telling the guy repeatedly to stand up then shooting him as soon as he moved?)

Post imported post

I hate seeing **** like this, and you know the cop will say "as he was standing up he reaching inside his -FILL IN THE BLANK WITH ANYTHING HERE- and I was forced to shoot him".

I love the fact that more and more of these incidents are being video taped. We need to ALL drive and go through our daily lives with the ability to record it just like the cops do.

I hope someone would see my side of things if I ended up shot by some dumb cop who is too trigger happy and doesn't like my attitude.

You shouldn't have to be overly nice to a cop to stay alive.

:X

TheCiscoKid wrote:
    i remember that, it was San Bernardino Sherrif. HORRIBLE. here's the link
    CA_Libertarian wrote:

Post imported post

TheCiscoKid wrote:
    i remember that, it was San Bernardino Sherrif.
    OT but here's the jury trial: (I'll only add that these situations are extremely chaotic and rarely black and white)

http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/s...9.3ffad56.html

&

http://www.knbc.com/news/13633240/detail.html

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Has anybody discussed that maybe the prosecutor deliberately pursued a criminal charge that didn't fit the circumstancesso the officer would have a stronger chance of beingaquitted?

From what I know of the case, I would have said something like attempted involuntary manslaughter, if there is such a thing. From my off-forum reading, I was under the impression the officer was so stressed out he wasmechanically repeating the words "get up" when he intended the victim to do something else (can't recall what, though.)
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Has anybody discussed that maybe the prosecutor deliberately pursued a criminal charge that didn't fit the circumstancesso the officer would have a stronger chance of beingaquitted?
    I hear this is a common tactic. Charge the hardest thing to convict on so it all just goes away eventually. All you can do is vote them out of office next time around.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

cato wrote:

TheCiscoKid wrote:
    i remember that, it was San Bernardino Sherrif.
    OT but here's the jury trial: (I'll only add that these situations are extremely chaotic and rarely black and white)

http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/s...9.3ffad56.html

&

http://www.knbc.com/news/13633240/detail.html
    Moronic jury members.... pretty sad.