• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Will be in NC for work the next 3 days

Bullbuster

imported post

Ok I was told tonight I will be going to the Camp Lajuan area in the morning to fix one of our broken A/C. I'll taking my own truck, stayingwith a fellow co worker at his folks (they are OK with me having my gun), and will be working at a small airport in the area. The fix will probably have us there till Sunday at least.

I'd like to take my gun and OC while there when and where I can. Thats why I'm posting this. I don't know the NC laws for OC and didn't really find anything of help when looking. Can someone please give a short sweet and to the point break down for OCing in NC. I'll be hitting the road about 10am so I'll be checking back here prior probably several times.

Thanks in advance.

JDriver1.8t

imported post

No guns in any place that sells alcohol for consumption on premisise.

No guns on any federal property, schools of any kind, court houses, or secure areas. (I have no idea abou airport legality)

If police stop you, you have to tell them that you are armed (though they should know if you are OC)

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

JDriver1.8t wrote:
No guns in any place that sells alcohol for consumption on premisise.

No guns on any federal property, schools of any kind, court houses, or secure areas. (I have no idea abou airport legality)

If police stop you, you have to tell them that you are armed (though they should know if you are OC)

2 out of 3 isn't bad I suppose, but you also left out a whole lot. First of all, you DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT have to inform an officer that you are armed if you are openly carrying. You are ONLY required to inform the officer IF you possess a concealed handgun license, and are armed with a concealed handgun. I say again, you DO NOT have to inform an officer of an OPENLY carried weapon.

Places where alcohol is both served and consumed are off limits. Places where admission is charged are off limits, including clubs and movie theaters. You aren't allowed to be armed if you're involved with or watching any parades, funeral processions, or picket lines either. Banks are off limits to CONCEALED handguns, but open carry is lawful. Most banks have signs against it, however.

Speaking of signs, they are a statement of that property's policy, NOT a legal restriction. It is not unlawful to go armed into an otherwise legal area where a sign is posted. However, if they ask you to leave, you can get into trouble if you don't.

That should cover you for the 3 days that you're here. If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

JDriver1.8t wrote:
Yeah, my post was brief, I was heading out of the door (to the range) and tried to get a quick reply in.

Thanks, DreQo
That's the ONLY excuse I'd accept! :p

Bullbuster

imported post

Well I wasn't able to check this while I was gone so I went with what I did know and OC'd to my coworkers folks place. I didn't take it to the Jacksonville airport with me. I couldn't have it with me anyway while working. So It was too and from only.

I did stop for gas at a Shell both too and from. Don't know the name of the towns but I had no problem from anyone so that was nice. I will brush up on NC gun laws for sure so I know when I make my next trip south.

Thanks for the info eventhough Ididn't get it till after the fact.