• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any Nevada folk applied for, received a non-resident Oregon CCW? If so, what county did you use?

wayneco

imported post

I tried to apply for an Oregon non-resident CCW today in Lane County (Eugene) and the person who processes the applications there said that they don't accept any non-resident applications good luck and to try another county.

Per Oregon law, non-resident ccw permits may be granted to those from the states bordering Oregon (WA, ID, NV, CA) at the discretion of the sheriff of the county applied.

Anyone here have any success with any of the southern or eastern counties of Oregon? If so, speak up! Ideally I'm looking for a county in the corridor from Eugene south to CA along I-5 or 395 or counties that border northern Nevada.

jfrey123

imported post

A friend on mine on another forum says everyone he knows has used Clackamas County for non-resident permits.

I've gotten a bit confused in the past looking at their laws and requirements. Do you know and would you mind telling me what the requirements are for the Oregon CCW?

IMO, the ideal setup for CCW permits for NV residents is a NV permit, a UT non-res permit and a OR non-res. Gets you into about 40ish states last time I checked, and gets you both Oregon and Washington so you can carry to the coast (forget California :banghead: )

atbear

imported post

Hello,

Tim Evanger is the Sheriff @ Klamath County, Oregon. You can go to the Sheriff's in Klamath Falls, OR. He is very pro-second amendment. I applied there and received my permit in 3 weeks. They were very helpful and a pleasure to deal with.:celebrate