• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to Open Carry

XDNick

imported post

All,

New to Open Carry Forum, have been looking for sometime now. I currently have my CCW but am looking at OC more now as another option. I know that MO has lot's of "yes/no" cities some right next to each other. Was wondering if anyone knew about OC laws in and around Sedalia, Knob Noster, and Warrensburg area as I live in that neck of the woods? Any help would be appreciated!

SOVEREIGN ARMS LLC

imported post

Hello Matt at SOVEREIGN ARMS LLC HERE

I'm a newbie as well and am learning fast. MUNICODE.COM CLICK ON STATE OF MO and then try to find your selected township. If they don't show it call the prosecuting attorney of that township and ask for a citation of their municipal code regarding OC.

We are a licensed FFL dealer/ MO/FL concealed carry instructors and NRA basic pistol/PPITH/PPOTH instructors: www.sovereignarms.com

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Welcome to OCDO!!

I'm glad to see so many new MO members. Hopefully the surge of OC interest in MO will help get OC preemption passed next legislative session.

I don't have any info on that neck of the woods either. Let us know what you find out though so we can all benefit.

Article1section23

imported post

XDNick wrote:
All,

New to Open Carry Forum, have been looking for sometime now. I currently have my CCW but am looking at OC more now as another option. I know that MO has lot's of "yes/no" cities some right next to each other. Was wondering if anyone knew about OC laws in and around Sedalia, Knob Noster, and Warrensburg area as I live in that neck of the woods? Any help would be appreciated!
Ok...is that 34 that runs out to sedalia? I think you should be worried more about the Indians, than the gun laws...lol. Seriously, you should be just fine. If you can't find the ordinances online, stop by the local library or court house and ask to look at them. I've done that before and even read "the judges copy", because thats all they had in Scott City at the time.

John563

imported post

Hello XDNick

I'm new to Open Carry myself. I dont know if you received your answer however I think that I have 2/3's of it. My son talked to Warrensburge pd a few weeks ago and they told him that they didnt care if he "wore it on his head". To me that says that its ok. and I talked to the police chief in Knob Noster. he said that they didnt have a problem as long as it was "open" not half under a shirt/ coat (ect) I dont know about Sedalia. If you find out lets us know

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Shawn wrote:
XDNick wrote:
All,

Ok...is that 34 that runs out to sedalia? I think you should be worried more about the Indians, than the gun laws...lol. Seriously, you should be just fine. If you can't find the ordinances online, stop by the local library or court house and ask to look at them. I've done that before and even read "the judges copy", because thats all they had in Scott City at the time.
What did you find out in Scott City? I have made inquiries without a firm answer and have not had gone down there yet to look at the ordinances.

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
imported post

John563 wrote:
Hello XDNick

I'm new to Open Carry myself. I dont know if you received your answer however I think that I have 2/3's of it. My son talked to Warrensburge pd a few weeks ago and they told him that they didnt care if he "wore it on his head". To me that says that its ok. and I talked to the police chief in Knob Noster. he said that they didnt have a problem as long as it was "open" not half under a shirt/ coat (ect) I dont know about Sedalia. If you find out lets us know
I travel from Olathe Ks to Warrensburg often I have check the local laws all the way and most are good warrensburgs code does not ban it never trust the word of the LEO they know the codes as well as everyone else

Article1section23

imported post

Hey Deep, Scott Cityfollowed State law, but that was back in 2003.The only copy they had was the book that the city judge used during court.Sikeston also has an ordinance against OC. You should try to hook up with Dru (cape/jackson area)....guess he got busy, as I don't see him post here anymore.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Yeah, I haven't seen him post lately. I have someone I may be able to get a definitive answer from about Scott City. I'll report back if I can.

freedomnow

imported post

Hey!

new to the OC, but I am an eager learner. I am excited about the possibilities of OC in Missouri. I don't how this opportunity will fly in the Metropolitan area of Kansas City, but I would love to see it happen.

Article1section23

imported post

freedomnow wrote:
Hey!

new to the OC, but I am an eager learner. I am excited about the possibilities of OC in Missouri. I don't how this opportunity will fly in the Metropolitan area of Kansas City, but I would love to see it happen.
Freedom, your good to go in KC...just don't go to North KC.

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

freedomnow wrote:
Hey!

Isn't it legal in KC? I was looking at the city code and it only referenced CONCEALED handguns.

Article VIII, Sec. 50-261. Unlawful use of weapons--generally. (a)A person commits the ordinance violation of unlawful use of weapons if he or she knowingly: (1)Carries concealed upon or about his or her person a knife, a firearm, a blackjack or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use; or