• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

4 shot near Wis.-Mich. state line

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D929C9TO0&show_article=1&catnum=1

NIAGARA, Wis. (AP) - Authorities were searching for a man wearing camouflage clothing and carrying a rifle on Friday after four people were shot, three fatally, near the Wisconsin-Michigan state line. Chief Deputy Jerry Sauve of the Marinette County Sheriff's Department said his office got a call around 6 p.m. Thursday of a shooting in the town of Niagara along the Menominee River.
Eric Burmeister, director of emergency management for Marinette County, said the first shooting occurred at about 5:30 p.m. and others followed. He confirmed that three people were killed and one was wounded.
The victims' identities have not been released.
Burmeister said the gunman, whom he described as a middle-age man wearing camouflage and armed with an assault rifle, was last seen in a wooded area near Niagara.
A command post was set up for state and other law enforcement personnel being brought in to help sheriff's officials investigate what Sauve called an "active shooter situation."
Niagara is located in far northern Marinette County, just across the Menominee River from Dickinson County in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Man that is crazy!! 1 guys just walks up on 9 people? he must be ill in the head or something. There are people around wisconsin now saying i told you guns are bad and would try to use this as an example. But no what day of age are we living in!!!! when one man can kill so many people and all the victims can do is run faster than the next guy who may be your best friend. This is crap!!!! I can't beleive this happened, i hope they catch the guyand send him to prison with that baddest.

what a sad time when were so defenseless......................

Ben

Smurfologist

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA
imported post

BJA wrote:
Man that is crazy!! 1 guys just walks up on 9 people? he must be ill in the head or something. There are people around wisconsin now saying i told you guns are bad and would try to use this as an example. But no what day of age are we living in!!!! when one man can kill so many people and all the victims can do is run faster than the next guy who may be your best friend. This is crap!!!! I can't beleive this happened, i hope they catch the guyand send him to prison with that baddest.

Ben

Here, here, BJA!! But, wait a minute........Wisconsin citizens can legally open carry........to protect themselves from this maniac.........or, they can let the police protect them when they are out walking there dogs, or walking to the store, or getting mail out of their mailbox, if and when this maniac shows up. Will the policewaive the DC SOP under this circumstance? I would hope so!!

2nd Amendment.........Use it..........Or, lose it!!:X

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I know it's legal, and it's our right hell i choose to excersise it in the country lol. But i was more sort of angry with the "societel taboo" of which is carrying a gun around you for protection, that many people shun. just hope they get the guy before hunting season starts, beacause i'm going up near crivitz and he probobly wouldn't want to go there lol.

Smurfologist

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA
imported post

Smurfologist wrote:
BJA wrote:

Ben

Here, here, BJA!! But, wait a minute........Wisconsin citizens can legally open carry........to protect themselves from this maniac.........or, they can let the police protect them when they are out walking there dogs, or walking to the store, or getting mail out of their mailbox, if and when this maniac shows up. Will the policewaive the DC SOP under this circumstance? I would hope so!!

2nd Amendment.........Use it..........Or, lose it!!:X

The suspect has been caught according to CNN. The motive is unknown at this time......

2nd Amendment........Use it........Or, lose it!!:X

smithman

imported post

http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=1&date=8/1/2008&id=44177

"She said of the officers, "They're everywhere. They're standing on the side of the road with weapons, watching and scrutinizing everybody. They searched our vehicle on the way to work. (They asked,) 'Where are you coming from? Where are you going to?'"

I wonder if anybody's rights are being violated here. Hopefully nobody would consent to a search of their car.

I think today would be a bad day to OC in Niagara.

Prayers to those families with lost/injured loved ones.

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

smithman wrote:
http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=1&date=8/1/2008&id=44177

"She said of the officers, "They're everywhere. They're standing on the side of the road with weapons, watching and scrutinizing everybody. They searched our vehicle on the way to work. (They asked,) 'Where are you coming from? Where are you going to?'"

I wonder if anybody's rights are being violated here. Hopefully nobody would consent to a search of their car.

I think today would be a bad day to OC in Niagara.

Prayers to those families with lost/injured loved ones.
Ithink the cops would claim some kind of exception to the 4th amendment exists in such a case.

WIG19

imported post

smithman wrote:
There are circumstances where following a consensual contact the officer could have PC to search the vehicle for specific things (like weapons or contraband such as a wanted person trying to make an escape in the backseat). Granted, he's got to be able to articulate that (later under review) hands-down afterward. However, if he/she is able to communicate the specifics as to the 'why' of the search, not everything that's developed if it's not consensual is in. If they're looking for an SKS and a fleeing felon that's the scope of the search. The courts' recognition of the problems with vehicles due to their mobility and the totality of the circumstances would come in to play I'd imagine. Righteous indignation notwithstandin, there are warrant exceptions to the 4th Amendment.

Not a lawyer & don't play one on TV, but believe above is fairly solid.