• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

all most had to use my firearm in self defense.

burninsteeda04

imported post

This morning on the way to work I was stopped at a stoplight and 2 white males in a xtera pulled behind me very close within approximately 1ft of my bumper. I looked back there in my mirror thinking," like ya know wtf you don't need to be all over my ass...." well the guy waves' " like oops my bad, didn't mean to get on your bumper like that. I thought confrontation was over.

Well I go on down the road and hit the next light. The guy rides by me with his buddy flipping me the bird, so I think oh well what ever, this guy is just some jerk off, I figure ill just go on no worries.

I hit the next stoplight and pull right in the guys blind spot but im in my lane. All the sudden I see the passenger bring out a shinny metal butterfly knife and twirl it a round and then the guy caresses the blade with his finger as if he wanted me to notice and manipulates it in a manner to give the perception " hey buddy look what I could do I could just stab you and end your life".

Again I have done nothing to provoke the situation!!!

So going with the flow of traffic I pass him because his lane has a elderly person on there sunday drive. I get in front a little ways and he is now following me on my ass. Well I decide that I should just take the next right. So I do and ill be damned if it wasn't a dead end. well the guys follow me down it and block the exit parking perpendicualr in the drive. I am in a place where the only way out is past them because it is not yet a developed neighborhood. Well they show the blade and gesture it in a frightening manner and whistle and yell profanity's, they then get out of the suv and stood behind the door and then start laughing, My hand goes on the gun to prepare for what may happen and no sooner they finish yelling and laughing and then get back in the suv and put it in reverse and drive off.

Im thinking to my self inside that could have been a bad day, but all is well now.

I just hope those guys realize you shouldn't bring a knife to a gun fight.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

ralphb72 wrote:
I hope you called the police and gave them the license number and description.

No kidding! I'd be all over that. I think it's weird hearing stories like this, though, because rarely does an "unprovoked" attack as this was described turn out to be completely unprovoked. If it truely was unprovoked, it scares me to think that there are people so mentally unstable driving around.

Anyway burninsteeda04, way to keep your cool, and stay safe.

burninsteeda04

imported post

In all honesty I believe I did nothing to provoke the situation. I just looked in my mirror and stared at the driver. And I don't consider that provoking.

I knew from my class that any provoking or being the aggressor could mean charges and prison time and I am not going to be sold for a pack of cigz.

I did file a report and I knew there wasn't much the cops could do but I figured if they find those 2 guys then better.

It just perplexes me that people can be so cruel but that is why I carry a gun.

My ultimate goal is for both people to go home safe no matter what. But if it comes to it ill be the one who goes home in one peice.

I just tried to do what I was told.

In the back of my mind i felt ya know vigilantie justice would be nice, but it that was the case then there would be chaos from hell.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

burninsteeda04 wrote:
In the back of my mind i felt ya know vigilantie justice would be nice, but it that was the case then there would be chaos from hell.
I keep a bat cape and mask in my trunk for just such an occasion :p.

ralphb72

imported post

burninsteeda04 wrote
moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
did file a report and I knew there wasn't much the cops could do but I figured if they find those 2 guys then better.

Well then you handled it well, at least you covered yourself in case the two youts called the Police later and claimed that you were waiving a gun at them.

Godscreation

imported post

Way to go. You know there might have been a chance they THEY had a gun in THEIR car, which would have been bad news if you brandished yours to tell them to back off and suddenly they started shooting. I always carry a small video camera with me in my glove compartment for situations like this; as well as for:
getting pulled over by a bad LEO
seeing something amazing like a crime right in front of me

Or in the case of your situation, imagine if you had filmed those guys, and the police saw firsthand what these guys were doing. It would hit home a lot harder, not to mention a car description and a personal description. The camera that I have is the first pic, and is roughly the same size as the second pic (I couldn't find a pic with someone holding the first camera)

278794-aipisdv2.jpg
15.jpg

Most of these babies even have audio recording, as well as still picture mode (usually about 3megapixels) and mine is also an mp3 player. something for you to think about. Runs about $50-150 depending on what you want. Mine was $68.99

moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

swoolard wrote:
I would have pulled on them. If either one of them made a single move before police got there, it would have been the worst day of their life.
Well you would have been going tojail then. Yes, they were threatening him, but he wasin noimmediate fear for life or limb. He did what he should have done. He stayed in his vehicle and continued to assess the situation. Luckily the situation defused before anything else happened.

swoolard

imported post

All the sudden I see the passenger bring out a shinny metal butterfly knife and twirl it a round and then the guy caresses the blade with his finger as if he wanted me to notice and manipulates it in a manner to give the perception "

Well they show the blade and gesture it in a frightening manner and whistle and yell profanity's, they then get out of the suv and stood behind the door and then start laughing

From what I grasp of the situation, what they did was a felony. Any level-headed cop would have sided with him.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

swoolard wrote:
From what I grasp of the situation, what they did was a felony. Any level-headed cop would have sided with him.
I don't care if it was a felony, you're not legally allowed to pull your gun on someone just because they're committing a felony. You pull when you have to shoot, and you shoot to stop an immediate threat to your or someone else's life.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

swoolard wrote:
Depends on the distance I suppose. How close were they?
Don't try to change the subject. He has already made it very clear that his life was not immediately being threatened. A man outside of a car with a knife, especially at a distance, is NOT an immediate threat.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

OK, fellas.

Lets inject some principlesofself-defense and deadly forceinto the discussion.

"Immediate and otherwise unavoidable threat of grave bodily injury or death to the innocent."

"Ability" "Opportunity" "Jeopardy"

The goblinswere displaying a knife.

No need or justification to draw the gun. The goblins got back in their SUV and left without approaching closer. They did not approach the OP's car.

I'm betting the goblins knew that a man armed with a carbeats a man armed with aknife.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Citizen wrote:
I'm betting the goblins knew that a man armed with a carbeats a man armed with aknife.
lol Yeah, according to what he said, the goblins blocked the road.I know even my low-riding car could hop a curb and possibly a person on the way there if threatened :D.