Thread: LEO Stopped walking to store 5min ago.

Post imported post

I was just walking back from 7-11 from picking up smokes.(in Seatac)These 2 LEO"S in unmarked SUV just pulled up along side real fast.They had huge smiles on their faces.the driver said .We had to stop,not everday we see a guy walking down international blvd with a gun on his hip..I then said politely "this is an open carry state is it not?" He said "yeah ,but we just don,t see it every day we had to look"He asked do you live around here?"I said yeah I live in --------------Apts."They both kind of laughed and said" I'd be carrying my gun to if I lived there" They drove off kind of chuckleing and said "have a good night ,be safe."Off they went.I got to say these guys were great.They had a laugh over the whole thing. Did not ask for ID ,name or anything.And being inNice shorts and a microsoft golf shirt probably could see I was not the bad guy.Being in an unmarked SUV I couldn,t tell if they were Demoines or seatac officers.It,s nice to see goodcops that concern themselves with the real bad guys....

Post imported post

Now that's a great LEO encounter. They should all be that way.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
    microsoft golf shirt = I was not the bad guy.
    Don't think I'd make that connection.:P

J/K, I'm an SMS admin at work, so MS pays my bills too...
    but Linux rocks my machines at home.:celebrate

Back to topic, AWESOME LEO encounter.

Post imported post

Iam actually semi retired.The Microsoft shirt was compliments of a former client.I think in this as in any undertacking how we present ouselves and converse with people makes a huge difference.I managed a very large company at on time and often hired or not hired on the someone appearance.I I see a guy walking around with his pants dragging those goofy hats turned sideways Underwear showing ,you know the style ,and saw a pistol in the front of his pants I would check him out pretty thoroughly.While he was cuffed.

It was a good encounter and nice to meet some of the good guys...

State Researcher

Post imported post

Great encounter!

Post imported post

+1 to good encounter. If only they could all be like that for all of our members.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

Honestly, it's too bad you weren't able to identify who they were, as they certainly deserve a compliment for their level-headed and professional behavoir.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
    Iam actually semi retired.The Microsoft shirt was compliments of a former client.I think in this as in any undertacking how we present ouselves and converse with people makes a huge difference.I managed a very large company at on time and often hired or not hired on the someone appearance.I I see a guy walking around with his pants dragging those goofy hats turned sideways Underwear showing ,you know the style ,and saw a pistol in the front of his pants I would check him out pretty thoroughly.While he was cuffed.

It was a good encounter and nice to meet some of the good guys...

Although I agree with you 100% on the appearance comments there are a lot both pro and anti that will not. They claim that appearance should not have any bearing on you opinions of someone and to do so is profiling. Bu dangit common sense has to come into play sometime.

Post imported post

To bad you didn’t ID them, on the flipside may have made a nice positive letter to the department stating you appreciate their Officer's and Department's policy on respecting you’re right to OPEN CARRY. Could spread through department changing the attitudes with other officers from open praise at role call, or simply word of moith.Just a thought!

Nice OC day.
    Im proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Post imported post

This contact is what is legally called a social contact. The cops were curious and like they said you don't see it everyday. So they stopped and commented to DEROS72 and proceeded on their way.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

jbone wrote:
    To bad you didn’t ID them, on the flipside may have made a nice positive letter to the department stating you appreciate their Officer's and Department's policy on respecting you’re right to OPEN CARRY. Could spread through department changing the attitudes with other officers from open praise at role call, or simply word of moith.Just a thought!
    +1
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

lol nice story I will admit that some cops can at times be a hassel when it comes to OC and maybe this is just beacuse i'm a firefighter but I never have thought of the police as the big bad evil men I sometimes read in this forum thanks for sharing the lighter side of OC for a change
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"