• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just joining OpenCarry.org

Deuce1911

imported post

Hello everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself to to all of you on this forum. I'm 25 and i live in York, Maine. I have just started to open carry this year and I am very grateful to have found this forum. Wanted to say thank you for all the information posted on here. I was born in Maine but moved back about 5 yrs ago and I had no idea what laws pertained to OC in Maine. I was doing my own research on the web and found this forum and im glad i did. It's good to see all the citations where proper information can be found. once again thank you all. I do have one question if anyone can further my knowledge. What areas can you not OC other than fedral buildings? I have found on this forum some people saying you prety much carry anywhere that doesnt have a sign saying "No Weapons of Anykind". Unfortuantly i havent found and statutes clearly stateing where you can OC. Any information would be welcomed.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

YO!

A suggestion - whatever you do, don't limit yourself to Maine reading or Maine posts.

I like to click on OpenCarry.org - Discussion Forum, then click on "Recent" to see what's going on around the country.

Virginia and Washington State are very active areas.

Good to have you here!