• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Skagit County Fairgrounds

jbone

imported post

Evergreen State fair

M1Gunr,

Is this what you are referring too, meaning it doesn’t apply to general public?

GENERAL RULES & INFORMATION

[align=left]The following rules and regulations apply to all non-commercial[/align]

[align=left]exhibitors/exhibits participating in the current year fair; exhibitors[/align]

[align=left]are required to familiarize themselves with them. Fair[/align]

[align=left]management reserves the final and absolute right to interpret[/align]

[align=left]these rules and regulations.
[/align]

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

The way it is written, if you are a exibitor you cannot carry. However If you look at the web page for the Skagit County Fairgrounds. A visitor is also held to the no weapons policy.

http://www.skagitcounty.net/Common/asp/default.asp?d=Fair&c=General&p=general.htm

[align=left][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]These items may not be brought into the facility:
[/font][/align]
  • [font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Alcohol
    [/font]
  • [font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Weapons
    [/font]
  • [font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Laser-pointing devices
    [/font]
  • [font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Bicycles, roller skates/blades, skateboards, unauthorized vehicles
    [/font]
  • [font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Drug paraphernalia, controlled/illegal substances
    [/font]
  • [font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Animals (except service or exhibited animals or with Management permission)
    [/font]
  • [font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Solicitations, no handing out, selling, or promoting products outside of commercial vendor booths. [/font]
Since the fair is a division of the Snohomish County government(see page 5 of my previous pdf post), preemption still applies.

jbone

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
The way it is written, if you are a exibitor you cannot carry. However If you look at the web page for the Skagit County Fairgrounds. A visitor is also held to the no weapons policy.

Since the fair is a division of the Snohomish County government(see page 5 of my previous pdf post), preemption still applies.
At least patrons can carry at the State fair, thats something I guess. Hopfully my emailfrom Mr. Reilly changes the Skagit website as he mentioned, will be watching it.

XD45PlusP

imported post

Looks like they changed it! :celebrate

[align=left][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]These items may not be brought into the facility:
[/font][/align]
[align=left]
    [/font]
  • [font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Illegal Weapons
    [/font]
    [/font]
  • [font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Bicycles, roller skates/blades, skateboards, unauthorized vehicles
    [/font]
  • [font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Drug paraphernalia, controlled/illegal substances
    [/font]
  • [font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Animals (except service or exhibited animals or with Management permission)
    [/font]
  • [font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Solicitations, no handing out, selling, or promoting products outside of commercial vendor booths. [/font]
[/align][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]
XD

[/font]

Bear 45/70

imported post

XD45PlusP wrote:

[/font][/align]

[align=left]
    [/font]
    [/font]
    [/font]
    [/font]
    [/font]
    [/font]
[/align][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]XD

[/font]
I'll bet they are hoping most people think that all weapons are illegal.
rolleyes.gif

jbone

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
XD45PlusP wrote:

[/font][/align]

[align=left]
    [/font]
    [/font]
    [/font]
    [/font]
    [/font]
    [/font]
[/align][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]XD

[/font]
I'll bet they are hoping most people think that all weapons are illegal.
rolleyes.gif

My last contact with Mr. Reilly:I have had the SC Fair website altered from "Weapons" to "Illegal Weapons". Given a bit more time, we can probably come up with a better phrase that will make the intent more clear, but I believe that this
change conveys the message that licensed (CPL) people are not affected
by any prohibition, as their handguns would not be "illegal".

Any good suggestions I can pass along to him as to make it clear, all legal firearms whether OC or CC are permitted? Don’t want the county to fixate on the CPL thing only.

heresolong

imported post

I always get a kick out of that phrase, "illegal weapons are prohibited here". The Washington State ferry system has the same sign. Like people who are carrying illegal weapons are worried about your stupid sign.

kparker

imported post

Jbone, for one starting point, see this post by xiphoris from 8/25 at 3:12pm.

It contains language from the Spokane Municipal Code that's basically word-for-word identical to what I've seen posted by Pierce Transit (and either from the Pierce County Code or the Tacoma Municipal Code):

6. Carrying any flammable liquid, explosive, acid, or other article or material likely to cause harm to others except that nothing herein shall prevent a person from carrying a cigarette, cigar, or pipe lighter or carrying a firearm or ammunition in a way that is not otherwise prohibited by law; (RCW 9.91.025/SMC 10.10.100)

David.Car

imported post

I always enjoyed the illegal weapons phrase... Because the normal everyday citizen is going to be carrying illegal weapons in to the fair, and read that sign and go "Oh! Now wait a minute, it seems I can't bring this in to this here fair... Okay, back to the car we go."

just_a_car

imported post

I see the irony, but I also like the phrase "illegal weapons" because those that carry weapons legally are more than likely aware of their legality and are sure of themselves as such. Those that don't carry weapons see it and get that warm fuzzy feeling that anti-gunners and sheeple get when they think a sign protects them from harm. It's really a win-win situation.

Even better is if one of the anti's or sheeple see an OC'er in the area that the sign was posted at and see security doing nothing about him. Either they call the cops and then see nothing done or they come to the conclusion immediately that it's not illegal to do that. *Gasp!* Education through exposure! YAY!:celebrate

jchen012

imported post

I wish they had just gotten rid of the whole sentence as opposed to saying "illegal weapons." But nonetheless, good work jbone!

Sean

imported post

While we usually only deal with firearms (handguns), there are a lot of other weapons out there that can be carried, knives (depending on juristiction), throwing stars, brass knuckles, saps, nun-chucks (-2 spelling), sword canes etc. I don't mind the "illegal weapons" as long as the folks at the gate know what illegal weapons are.

Now, let me pose a question concerning restrictions to carry / preemption etc.... When the law says that persons with a valid CPL are exempt from this portion of the regulation/code/law, does this mean that the weapon must be concealed.

just_a_car

imported post

Sean wrote:
Now, let me pose a question concerning restrictions to carry / preemption etc.... When the law says that persons with a valid CPL are exempt from this portion of the regulation/code/law, does this mean that the weapon must be concealed.
No, as OC is a legal form of carry. The only stipulation is that you have been issued a valid WA CPL by the state.

IANAL.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Remember, the CPL is a concealed PISTOL license. A few years ago it was a CWP concealed WEAPONS license. Now it only covers pistols (does a revolver qualify as a pistol?:p)

jbone

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
Remember, the CPL is a concealed PISTOL license. A few years ago it was a CWP concealed WEAPONS license. Now it only covers pistols (does a revolver qualify as a pistol?:p)

Like they say "this isn’t the ole west"guess you had best modernize and get a pistol and put the revolver in a shadow box.

:celebrate