Thread: Beretta 9000

Post imported post

I have a Beretta 9000, and my dad has suggested looking into getting a leather holster for open carry. If anyone has any suggestion as to what I should get.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

whoopingllama wrote:
    I have a Beretta 9000, and my dad has suggested looking into getting a leather holster for open carry. If anyone has any suggestion as to what I should get.
    You make your choice and pay your money.

http://tinyurl.com/6oo2t5

Yata hey
    Better to not open your mouth and be thought the fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

I tend to stay away from leather holsters. In my experience leather tends to be a parasite to the oils I use for lubrication. I do have a black G&G Yaqui holster for when I wear really nice clothes and I don't want a black plastic holster to clash with my attire.

Post imported post

Spectre wrote:
    I tend to stay away from leather holsters. In my experience leather tends to be a parasite to the oils I use for lubrication. I do have a black G&G Yaqui holster for when I wear really nice clothes and I don't want a black plastic holster to clash with my attire
    Leather holsters: Classic, pretty, large variety of finishes (texture and color), cause less weapon finish wear, exotic avail., large selection & availability, easy to custom fit - absorb oil and water, mar easier, cost more especially high quality.

Kydex/plastic holsters: Innovative designs and retention, traditional to tacti-cool, less selection of texture and color, accelerate weapon finish wear, not avaible for some weapons, custom fitting not always possible - won't absorb oil and water, hard to scar, generally lower cost.

Best bet is to talk to friends and "see" what they have. Most shops have a limited supply of styles from which to choose. Google and find an unlimited variety and get an overload headache - also the problem is you can't touch 'em before buying.

You make your choice and pay your money.

Yata hey
    Better to not open your mouth and be thought the fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Post imported post

I haven't seen any leather belt holsters that I would OC with. Too easy to snatch n' grab. Finding a 'plastic' holster for a 9k might be a bit hard to find though!

Post imported post

I'm sorry y'all. I found one. It's from a site called cowboyneeds.com or something like that.

Post imported post

whoopingllama wrote:
    I'm sorry y'all. I found one. It's from a site called cowboyneeds.com or something like that.
    The Cowboy and Shooters Supply - more than western stuff.
    http://www.cowboyneeds.com/Holsters_...9000S-3.5.html

Yata hey