• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Beretta 9000

whoopingllama

imported post

I have a Beretta 9000, and my dad has suggested looking into getting a leather holster for open carry. If anyone has any suggestion as to what I should get.

Spectre

imported post

I tend to stay away from leather holsters. In my experience leather tends to be a parasite to the oils I use for lubrication. I do have a black G&G Yaqui holster for when I wear really nice clothes and I don't want a black plastic holster to clash with my attire.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Spectre wrote:
I tend to stay away from leather holsters. In my experience leather tends to be a parasite to the oils I use for lubrication. I do have a black G&G Yaqui holster for when I wear really nice clothes and I don't want a black plastic holster to clash with my attire
Leather holsters: Classic, pretty, large variety of finishes (texture and color), cause less weapon finish wear, exotic avail., large selection & availability, easy to custom fit - absorb oil and water, mar easier, cost more especially high quality.

Kydex/plastic holsters: Innovative designs and retention, traditional to tacti-cool, less selection of texture and color, accelerate weapon finish wear, not avaible for some weapons, custom fitting not always possible - won't absorb oil and water, hard to scar, generally lower cost.

Best bet is to talk to friends and "see" what they have. Most shops have a limited supply of styles from which to choose. Google and find an unlimited variety and get an overload headache - also the problem is you can't touch 'em before buying.

You make your choice and pay your money. :)

Yata hey

kurtmax_0

imported post

I haven't seen any leather belt holsters that I would OC with. Too easy to snatch n' grab. Finding a 'plastic' holster for a 9k might be a bit hard to find though!

whoopingllama

imported post

I'm sorry y'all. I found one. It's from a site called cowboyneeds.com or something like that.