Thread: Letter To Editor In Va.Pilot 8/2

Post imported post

Forgive me for bringing this up on anOC site, but the subjectletter was froma Franklin resident who visited Texas andCC'd in various restaurants that served alcohol. He sums up by saying thatmaybe next year he will be allowed to do this is in VA. Is there something in the works to change the current laws prohibiting CC where alcohol is served?

Post imported post

Last year the law to allow CC in bars/restaurants was passed but vetoed by the governor. Hopefully it will make it into law next year. If there was ever a bright side to the possibility of Kaine becoming VP, it's that he won't be our governor anymore.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

His Excellency, the Governor decided that it was not in the best interest of the commoners.....

I defer to his excellent judgement and bow in his presence.

(vomit):X
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

At Kaine's Town Meeting I asked him "the question" in front of a crowd and then again face to face after the town meeting.

Here is the audio.

http://www.flyboyed.com/gq/1.wav

and

http://www.flyboyed.com/gq/2.wav

Ed
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Here is the whole thread so it does not have to all be re-hashed here: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/9338-1.html

Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

Thank you all for the education. I guess at the time my head was somewhere else. Just more evidence that Kaine is a POS. Good riddance (maybe).

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I don't know, I wasn't too hot on the bill anyway. The bill required you to notify the hostess and not drink. I don't necessarily mind the no drinking part (despite the fact that I can drink while OCing now) but I do not want to have to tell them and ask the restaurants permission. I can OC right now and have a good chance of not even being noticed.

Does anyone remember if the previous legislation still required the notification and not drinking if you OC in restaurants?

Post imported post

As far as "firearms and alcohol don't mix," I'm going to quote our own CA_Libertarian here, mostly for the purpose of giving credit where due for something well-said:

CA_Libertarian wrote:
    FogRider wrote:
    ...drinking with firearms is always a bad idea.
    I'm curious, why is drinking with a firearm a bad idea? Does the alcohol vapor corrode the ammunition? :shock:

Sarcasm aside, I'll guess that you are repeating the 'guns and alcohol don't mix' mantra that most of us hear from time to time. I honestly think this is just another gun-grabbing tactic to try to deter carrying a firearm - you know how us 'redneck gun nuts' love our beer!

My opinion is that guns are less dangerous than cars. If I'm sober enough to drive home, then I'm sober enough to not accidently draw my gun and shoot someone.

Now, if you have a drinking problem, or plan to get drunk for some special occasion, then you probably shouldn't drive and or carry your gun (...or your knife ...and maybe wear a helmet).
    Anyway, the notification thing was B.S. and a bad precedent.

That's why I didn't like the bill one bit. I think it's (in a perverse way) not necessarily a bad thing Kaine vetoed it, even though his reasoning is 100% A$$-backwards.

Post imported post

dern double-posts.

BTW, the forum wants to know... Can has delete function?