• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Letter To Editor In Va.Pilot 8/2

tripledipper

imported post

Forgive me for bringing this up on anOC site, but the subjectletter was froma Franklin resident who visited Texas andCC'd in various restaurants that served alcohol. He sums up by saying thatmaybe next year he will be allowed to do this is in VA. Is there something in the works to change the current laws prohibiting CC where alcohol is served?

vbnative73

imported post

Last year the law to allow CC in bars/restaurants was passed but vetoed by the governor. Hopefully it will make it into law next year. If there was ever a bright side to the possibility of Kaine becoming VP, it's that he won't be our governor anymore.

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I don't know, I wasn't too hot on the bill anyway. The bill required you to notify the hostess and not drink. I don't necessarily mind the no drinking part (despite the fact that I can drink while OCing now) but I do not want to have to tell them and ask the restaurants permission. I can OC right now and have a good chance of not even being noticed.

Does anyone remember if the previous legislation still required the notification and not drinking if you OC in restaurants?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

As far as "firearms and alcohol don't mix," I'm going to quote our own CA_Libertarian here, mostly for the purpose of giving credit where due for something well-said:

CA_Libertarian wrote:
FogRider wrote:
...drinking with firearms is always a bad idea.
I'm curious, why is drinking with a firearm a bad idea? Does the alcohol vapor corrode the ammunition? :shock:

Sarcasm aside, I'll guess that you are repeating the 'guns and alcohol don't mix' mantra that most of us hear from time to time. I honestly think this is just another gun-grabbing tactic to try to deter carrying a firearm - you know how us 'redneck gun nuts' love our beer!

My opinion is that guns are less dangerous than cars. If I'm sober enough to drive home, then I'm sober enough to not accidently draw my gun and shoot someone.

Now, if you have a drinking problem, or plan to get drunk for some special occasion, then you probably shouldn't drive and or carry your gun (...or your knife ...and maybe wear a helmet).

Anyway, the notification thing was B.S. and a bad precedent.

That's why I didn't like the bill one bit. I think it's (in a perverse way) not necessarily a bad thing Kaine vetoed it, even though his reasoning is 100% A$$-backwards.